Daggerfall mods?

devakm

Should TESNexus start a Daggerfall Mods section?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Is there enough interest to make it worthwhile?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • What's Daggerfall?

It'd take forever, but it would be pretty cool to see someone recreate all of Daggerfall (models, story, etc) for Oblivion. Or Skyrim when it comes out, but I think people will be too busy actually playing the game (I know I won't be on here for a week or so)

Forgot to mention, but I would have to say no, because there's no source code to make mods easily (like with the CS that appeals to many), and everyone knows people like the easy way out.

P.S. Don't get started on Doom with me.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you Nedan!!!! i was like 4 months old when daggerfall came out. i got the free version on my netbook. and i LOVE IT!! this is my favorite elder scrolls game. i started with oblivion. then i played morrowind. a couple years after i owned both of those i got the idea to search online to see if there was a free version of the first two elder scroll games. there WAS!! so i got both of them. now im working on daggerfall. then im gonna play arena once i beat daggerfall :) i LOVE the elder scrolls! LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!!! ;)

I would be interested. Daggerfall was one of the best games ever made. Unfortunately it was also very buggy.

If it could be done I would love to see it somehow converted to improved graphics, say Morrowind quality. But I think the game would have to be remade. Stability issues are the most important. I can deal with very basic graphics when there is a good story and the game is stable.

I will have to try the free download since my CD won't work on my computer. I have even tried reloading on my kids computer.

• 1 month later...

Personally I don't think it would have to be just a Daggerfall Modding site. If you think about it there are other games such as the fallout series to name one that are still modable to this day Maybe have it as a Retro-Nexus and include a sort of sub-category for different games. But this is coming from someone who still plays KQ1 in its original state :happy:

My vote is at least a yes for the daggerfall if not for the Fallouts as well ;)

Actually, Riven has a good idea with the retro-nexus. Then a lot of older games could be hosted on one site.

I agree that Daggerfall is the best of the series, at least so far. Which gives me an excuse to express something I've wanted to for a long time: with each iteration of Elder Scrolls, the graphics get better, the physics improve, the combat/alchemy/spell whatevernot gets enhanced. Meanwhile, the dialogue withers. The story lines less compelling. The quests more predictable. (all this is of course talking about vanilla ES).

Well, wouldn't it just be to create a new category for TESNexus, where Daggerfall mods are uploaded?

That would be the easiest, cheapest and most practical solution for hosting Daggerfall mods. :)

Well, wouldn't it just be to create a new category for TESNexus, where Daggerfall mods are uploaded?

That would be the easiest, cheapest and most practical solution for hosting Daggerfall mods. :)

This.

Also, i value older games more then new ones.

We used to play, more like watch/help, our mum when we where young. So that means, Stonekeep, Mario, Zelda, Dungeon Master I&II, Daggerfall, ect are still some of the best games i ever played!