Daggerfall for free on Bethesda website

Smollett

Linkage for them both: Here

Much thanks for that. I never got the chance to play the first two and could not find them anywhere. So naturally my next question is: do they have TES I somewhere too?

As far as I know "TES I" is "THE ELDER SCROLLS: ARENA" & that is available in the link in the quote

@calliton

This thread was the one that helped me get the game to work for me >Alternative Daggerfall install instructions (beth's official forums)<

Much thanks for that. I never got the chance to play the first two and could not find them anywhere. So naturally my next question is: do they have TES I somewhere too?

As far as I know "TES I" is "THE ELDER SCROLLS: ARENA" & that is available in the link in the quote

@calliton

This thread was the one that helped me get the game to work for me >Alternative Daggerfall install instructions (beth's official forums)<

Oops! I didn't know that was the full title of it. For some reason I thought the Arena was some kind of multiplayer online thing. Thank you for setting me straight! I'm trying to install & play these right now...

Arena was the very first Elder Scrolls game, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't played anything before Morrowind... :(

@calliton

Oops! I didn't know that was the full title of it. For some reason I thought the Arena was some kind of multiplayer online thing. Thank you for setting me straight! I'm trying to install & play these right now...

Do you know how to use DOS Box? o_O I'm pretty capable of digging out files from my HD, but I have no clue how to use DOS...

Arena was the very first Elder Scrolls game, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't played anything before Morrowind... :(

@calliton

Do you know how to use DOS Box? o_O I'm pretty capable of digging out files from my HD, but I have no clue how to use DOS...

No, I haven't gotten this to work yet for either game. When it comes to anything using the command line I'm a total idiot. If I don't have a GUI with big buttons that say "press me to do this" I'm totally crippled. Maybe I'm not specifying the proper path or something.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're having trouble getting DOSBox work, I highly recommend this utility.

The UESP DOSBox Helper can download and install Arena and Daggerfall, and configures DOSBox to run those games properly.

Without this I'd have never gotten Daggerfall to run. :P

If you're having trouble getting DOSBox work, I highly recommend this utility.

The UESP DOSBox Helper can download and install Arena and Daggerfall, and configures DOSBox to run those games properly.

Without this I'd have never gotten Daggerfall to run. :P

Although I already had both games though I did re-download Arena (to test the download feature out) that worked great.

installing the games was a snap. If you have the games downloaded but not installed put the "Arena106.exe" & "DFInstall.zip" in the Helper's "disk" folder, next time the "run.cmd" is ran it should give the option to install.

hope that help anyone that's having a hard time getting these two games to work.

@Argomirr: this wasn't so much aimed at you as add to what you said.

Edit: this seems to be a neat Downloader/installer/launcher for early tes games (only download the free Arena & Daggerfall,but it looks like it can install the CD versions & Battlespire & redguard as well) I don't have those to try.

• 8 months later...

Daggerfall might be a pretty tricky to install and launch.

You need to type the following in DosBox after installing:

mount c c:\dosgames -freesize 1000

mount d c:\dosgames\dfcd -t cdrom -label Daggerfall

c:

cd\dagger

dagger

Most people do a mistake when writing 'Daggerfall' in low-case letters

mount d c:\dosgames\dfcd -t cdrom -label daggerfall

How do I get this to run on Windows 7? It doesn't even want to start up DosBox.

Yea, it doesn't work on Windows 7. After installation something bums out and you can't ever load the "CD," so yea... Works on Vista though. That's what I was playing it on... Until I got 7 -_-

Daggerfall's super fun stuff! Lol, pretty crazy game for how old it is... (not SUPER old, but pretty old...) It appearently takes a full two, real weeks to walk across the entire map! WOAH! I though Morrowind had a big map... Oblivion's map was tiny...

• 1 year later...

How do I get this to run on Windows 7? It doesn't even want to start up DosBox.

Yea, it doesn't work on Windows 7. After installation something bums out and you can't ever load the "CD," so yea... Works on Vista though. That's what I was playing it on... Until I got 7 -_-

Daggerfall's super fun stuff! Lol, pretty crazy game for how old it is... (not SUPER old, but pretty old...) It appearently takes a full two, real weeks to walk across the entire map! WOAH! I though Morrowind had a big map... Oblivion's map was tiny...

You all people need this: http://theelderscrolls.wiwiland.net/Fichiers/DaggerfallSetup.exe

Neatly packed, including installer, just go trough installer and play, no worries with setup. It's optimized for WinXP and should run fine on Win Vista and 7 too, I think ( not tested ). Oh and there is also lot of fan bug-fixes and optional content, if you feel like it. Enjoy.