The Daily Stampede

Stampede

I thought I would share some of the weird and wonderful things that happen in my neck of the woods.

With the mods permission, I will update the thread every other day with stories that are bound to horrify and entertain.

*Clears throat*

In todays headlines:

Good Samaritan forced off the road before being doused with petrol and set alight:

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&cl...81551159C446224

Drunk wedding guest vandalises kids computers worth R500 000

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&cl...00613266C491837

Suspected conmen beaten with spades

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&cl...01816913C776884

The first and third stories don't make much sense to me. The first one sounds like the woman motorist is lying about what happened. A very light sentence for murder, multiple kidnappings, assaults, and other crimes in the last story? What am I missing? Maybe this is just very bad reporting in both cases?

I hope you will post some good news from South Africa here too.

I will! That just seemed to be a bad day.

There is something very suspicious about that woman's story...if you ask me, it sounds more gang related than anything else. IE: A warning or an intimidation tactic. Why did they not steal her car?

That Power of Prayer one is quite amusing. Take down all the posters outside churches in the UK that claim you can be saved if you believe in Jesus until there's substantial proof....lol.

Perhaps then we could also convince fundamentalist muslims to stop blowing themselves up - in the hopes of getting a harem of virgins in heaven - until we get some proof.

Hmmm...or perhaps not...haha for arguments sake, say it is proven...can you only imagine what would follow?

Yes it is. While the man in question had no right to begin feasting on the poor child, the little one was only 3 years old!!! She left it in the care of some freak who had only a slight grasp on reality at best...for what? So she could go party with her boyfriend.

It's disgusting and not a sign of the times either, just the simple fact of doing proper background checks on those you entrust to protect the life of somebody who is helpless.

Besides which, I think there is more to that case than meets the eye. You will not believe the amount of babies and toddlers who not only get raped, but dumped or aborted in the most obscene ways in this country. Let that mother rot in prison and then in Hell.

I was going to post a link to this whole article, but it contained other charges of animal abuse, which I found to hurtful to subject the forum members too. But, despite being the animal lover, I just had to laugh at this passage, hate me if you want:

"23-year-old Free State farm worker arrested when he was spotted by passing motorists standing on a dunghill with his trousers around his knees having intercourse with a cow."

Not something you would want the kids to see on a Sunday drive.

Woman sues airline after turbulance gives her whiplash

The rest of the headlines are too grim today.

Archived