Required files notification and comment download history update

Dark0ne

An extra click. Such hardship!

Perhaps an option to disable this feature would help users who are somehow click-impaired, however this would defeat the entire purpose of the feature. Here, example. Bob comes along, installs a hundred mods, uninstalls fifty of them, then this feature appears and Bob is annoyed! He doesn't want these pop-ups, they're taking up his valuable save-game-wrecking time! He's going to go to his preferences and disable the requirements pop-up. Bob happily goes back to his business, installs a new mod, and what's this? CTD on start-up? It must be Mod X's fault! Time to go give the author a piece of his mind!

This won't solve user carelessness. However, it can certainly help.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I always read the mod's description to check for prerequisites, the pop-up is a great addition in the event I've missed a detail or two.

Thank you Dark0ne and staff for all the hard work and innovations put into NexusMods. Greatly appreciated.

In response to post #11651242. #11652838, #11653610 are all replies on the same post.

Shoving it down people's throat is what's needed apparently because people can't read or follow directions. I've not made any mods myself but I have helped creators with theirs and you have idea how frustrating it is when a mod description is blatantly telling you "HEY YOU NEED THIS!" and people ignore it completely, just click the download link and go on their merry way.

This is going to save time overall and make it way easier on creators.
Instead of clicking one or two extra things to get the mods you need if you're an idiot you'd be having to reinstall the game completely sometimes which doesn't go well for anyone.

You could be thinking "Bah, those idiots deserve it." and I agree but the mod authors don't deserve the grief of whiny little shits bashing them for their game being broken because they were too eager to read instructions. Instead of bug reports and progress we get bitching, grief, stress and malice.

These ONE or TWO extra things save time in the long run and it's the same laziness and inability to follow directions that's brought up all these complaints about it being annoying. Seriously, what's so important and time consuming that you can't click a single extra thing so you know for sure your game won't break? Complaining about it at all is simply asinine.

In response to post #11632903. #11645131 is also a reply to the same post.

If you allow people to opt out of the feature, you might as well not have the feature at all, because the people who most need the feature will opt out of it immediately, because they think their precious time will be wasted by the extra .5 seconds it takes to click a popup and move on.

In response to post #11632903. #11645131, #11708647 are all replies on the same post.

Does it only happen on new files you download or also on returning to the file and downloading an update?
Because if it still pops up after you've downloaded it once, and thereby already confirmed that you have the required files, then that's just ridiculous. They should be able to do it like the endorsement system, so that it has already registered that you've downloaded the file. Easy as that.