Required files notification and comment download history update

Dark0ne

In response to post #11581050. #11583886 is also a reply to the same post.

Surely though, if you are a mod author and publish a work, then you expect this kind of thing. Publishing and creating anything for public consumption will invariably lead to comments, be they good, bad or inane, but there will be comments.

Mod authors publish because they want a vehicle for their works and recognition. In my experience as a designer, and as an author, publishing any work requires that you remain professional, objective, detached and above all, grow a very, very thick skin!

Welcome to the world of publishing :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #11574013. #11578501, #11587841 are all replies on the same post.

I agree with all the above. I'm not a mod author but I do read the description pages and requirements - now that I'm a bit less of a noob. There are times when I really don't want "the requirements" but might like to download the file. Not to install to game but to check it out. I suspect others who are mod authors are likely to do this more than me. Would this prevent me/them?

A little concerned about privacy - the idea that any publisher from whom I have downloaded a file can see my download history - Mmmm. Edited by s1rmunchalot

In response to post #11572650.

Here, here. Particularly the stickies. I always read the description and any posts now, it can take a long time.
The description can also be a huge page where the english is almost indecipherable. I often think, if they had just asked I could've helped with that. Why not also offer advice to mod authors that people are willing to help if their first language isn't english, that the rush to publish could be tempered with a little discussion with helpful advisers.

@ S1rmunchalot-

First they can only see that you downloaded (or didn't) their mod and the required mods, not everything you ever downloaded. This feature (being able to see if their own mod was downloaded) has been around a long time already and there is no issues.

Also nothing is preventing you from downloaded a mod without the requirements only that if you say, post a question about the mod not working or something...the author can see immediately that you have downloaded the correct mods and the correct versions of the mods in order to help more.

In response to post #11581050. #11583886 is also a reply to the same post.

Surely though, if you are a mod author and publish a work, then you expect this kind of thing. Publishing and creating anything for public consumption will invariably lead to comments, be they good, bad or inane, but there will be comments.

Mod authors publish because they want a vehicle for their works and recognition. In my experience as a designer, and as an author, publishing any work requires that you remain professional, objective, detached and above all, grow a very, very thick skin!

Welcome to the world of publishing :smile:

Perhaps this is true. However we do everything we can here to give mod authors a safe place to share their work. We try to give the authors tools that lets them share and troubleshoot as easily as possible.

I downloaded the new update for the Dev airship and I can understand the need to say what files are required for it to work but.... Is it really necessary for the rude message saying that if you dont have those requirements its your own fault if it doesnt work? I can understand the reason and purpose behind this but if a person cant read the requirements on the mods page then whats the purpose of that rude message? It really irks me for some reason.... Completely unnecessary...... Edited by huthuthut83

I downloaded the new update for the Dev airship and I can understand the need to say what files are required for it to work but.... Is it really necessary for the rude message saying that if you dont have those requirements its your own fault if it doesnt work? I can understand the reason and purpose behind this but if a person cant read the requirements on the mods page then whats the purpose of that rude message? It really irks me for some reason.... Completely unnecessary......

If you believe remarks or other material on the Nexus to be out-of-line, please use the "Report" button. The public forums are not the place to discuss such matters.

I think this is a great idea. Not only does it keep people from screwing up their game quite so easily due to a failure to read the instructions, but it also could help modders to be more clear as to what IS needed. I have noticed that some of those that make wonderful mods are not as organized in their writing style as they could be. IOW... they have a lot of "fluff" text & are not so clear when a file is required or make it easy to miss. This could solve that problem. Thank you.