Slave Trade Mod

FlyingHearts

Not to hijack this thread but if anyone wants to grab my Argonian mod and write a script where you can get the 70+ Argonians at the Windhelm docks to rebel and say kill Ulfric as an alternate path for the Civil Quests I think that'd be a great idea. That could be considered a slave rebellion mod. You could also have them running across Solstheim desecrating anything to do with Dunmer culture in retaliation for years of Dunmer enslavement of Argonians, so a continuation of the Argonian invasion of Morrowind.

I'm not sure but I think you just did that.

@Flyinghearts: Good idea. I'm afraid he won't accept however, but you never know. Perhaps he hasn't been engaged by Bethesda yet (that's why he created Falskaar if I'm not mistaken), if so he may accept your offer.

Now let's see, can I get some other nice ideas?

So for now we have these escpae routes:

- Bribing a guard (will fail if you tell the snitch)

- Digging out (will still fail if you tell the snitch)

- Manage to retrieve your gear and fight your way out (will fail if you take too many of it, and of course if you die)

- Contacting a friend so he can buy you out (has a random percentage of failing based on when you sent the message and who is carrying it, if it's a snitch I suggest you just give up)

Let's add these:

-There are multiple snitches

- You befriend a certain prisoner that will be able to make you one of those hidden blades from Ciddna mine and maybe a pair of lockpicks. Enabling you of trying to sneak off.

- You use some of the random ingredients that can be found in your cell/the caves beneath and brew yourself an antidote for the anti-magic potion they have given you after your arrival. And rush in and kill every single mortal who dares to oppose the great Pyromancer you are. This would fail if for example the slavemasters would give you some more of the poison on a random day, would you already have drunk your home-made potion, it's effect would wear off.

- If you finished the main quest they will put you in an isolation cell, and they will disable your shouting abilities (like Ulfric at Helgen). After all everyone knows you are freaking dangerous!

-They will also put you in an isolation cell every time you get caught.

-They might even execute some less value slaves if someone snitches, the snitch would let you out of the escape plan just to force you to take him with you.

-You will also be brought to the isolation cell if you kill another slave (and the body is discovered). If you kill several slave they will execute you (you are far more trouble alive than you are worth)

Well that's all for today (I think).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol well anyways about the part about hiding bodies I could probably help with that I am working on this script which makes the stealth system more like Deus Ex HR so if for example a body is discovered well after a murder took place then you can still be traced. I plan to have some sort of forensics system so people can trace your weapons to you.

That would be very nice, thanks for your help.

It would be very nice if ,at least during this quest, the player would really have to watch out for anyone capable of snitching. Of course if there are more than one or two kills, the guards will start to suspect you, so hiding the bodies so no one can tell you did it will be a bare necessity.

Except if you manage to kill all the guards when escaping by force however, then you could as well Fus Ro Dah the slave master to the moon, there wouldn't be anyone left to notice.

Very nice ideas! What if when captured you find a note of a previous slave (now dead) and his plans for escape? Maybe his remains are left in the same cell as yours. He might mention a thing about a snotch but he isn't sure who and so the Dragonborn will have to figure it out by asking the right questions to the other slaves. I like the idea about how someone else who's your friend coul break you out or pay for you at the slave auctions then destroy the contract later on. Maybe a wife/husband or guild member?

I've actually started modding just last week and have been thinking about making a mod like this. Although the scripting this would take, as of right now, is beyond me. However, I have started to make an outpost on the norhtern coast Haafingar that has a building with a jail in the basement, with log stockades protecting the front. It also has dock on the backside with a longboat for transport. It's on a peninsula near Ravenscar Hollow which happens to located within a secluded cove. It still a WIP but I could definetly contribute to this. I plan on learning scripting since i was actually going to do a slavery mod, although nowheres as near complex as this. I'm willing to try though.

I won't be using the internet much until next week since I happened to get a beta key for ESO for this weekend, but I'm gonna work on scripting since that is most likely the hardest part of modding. It is basically a programming language so yeah.