Astral Reading

Stoldark0

Hello there Oblivion players and moders,

I am a great fan of tamrielic lore,I read the books,im currently reading The Wolf Queen vol.5

and i thought how cool would it be to watch it as a theater,what if there was a spell that when you cast on a book,it made you go back in time and see what has happened!Can you imagine you watching Tiber Septim doing his great deeds,watching the Pyandoneans getting carried by a storm or even Queen Potema the wolf queen,when young picking a lock and stealing a document that sealed her destiny as the wife of Mantiarco.

I want to know waht you think,to see if my idea its not stupid at all or if it already exists.

Thank You.

Comments on your request.

Why watch ?

how cool would it be to watch it as a theater

Well, not as cool as playing as Tiber Septim himself, but it's not stupid at all. But it's a great idea to make somekind of virtual in-game Oblivion theater, but it will include lots of voice acting and maybe new animation, because the vanilla looks static.

But it's a great addition to Oblivion world, it's even better if it's a magical theater, when we can watch the timeline like we're in the timeline, but as a spetactor. A simpler one can be made, as long it doesn't features mass voice-acting (can take time), but only combat or something else.

I liked your idea, but it's my opinion that to make it is hard to do. Sorry, It's just my opinion.

how about a quest! to find out the truth behind the book that are true stories int he oblivion world. And you meet this dude who sends you intot he book, and first you gotta battle through the words liek copywrite (mosters that are words) then you reach the story, and it goes intot he flashback thing like in tears of the feind. and then you have to go to the ends of the planet to find the true stories

Gates Aesgaard is an awesome mod, with cut scenes to represent the visions of another person's experiences, however as far as the idea posted here there are two easier ways which this would be done, so I suggest them:

1. Play as a character (the main character of the story) in history. This would be the coolest method, and probably easiest seeing as it would just be like some normal quest except you have to make it set in a new plane.

2. Play as a spectator when in the past - this way you would have to be invisible or transparent, and watch the events as they unfold.

Or, maybe both of these could be used at different times. It may be a lot of work, to make all the lands and settings of the past, but that could probably be bypassed by scripting npcs on the normal map and adding provisional effects to certain areas, and the new places probably wouldn't be too big; just there for one scene, then the game would fade out like a linear game and travel to the next scene of the story. I don't know a thing about modding, but good luck on this.