I have a big problem...

NWaldinger

BOSS is a load order sorting tool. Download it and run it, it will automatically sort your load order (to the best of its abilities).
It ain't perfect, but it's great for newbies!
And that's good, since now we know the problem is with your save game specifically. Try loading older save games first, and see if you can load into them. Also try typing coc whiterun into the console from the main menu, then after you load up the game, then try loading.
I often hear about people crashing on loading, but being able to load if they're already in game.

I can't even remember the name of the mod, I was extremely frustrated all day and can't even remember it :tongue:

First thing, where can I find my load order to show it to you? And what is BOSS?

If it was registering a new menu with MCM, it would have an esp and either a bsa or loose scripts/textures etc. If you did not like the mod, do you have any idea what it did?

But if you used NMM, uninstalling the mod with NMM should have reverted to before you installed it.

Did you try reloading a save from before you first added the mod?

Your Plugins.txt should be in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Skyrim

Just so you know, for future reference:

...\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data

is the folder where mods go - esm, esp, bsa, bsl files. It may have a lot of sub-folders: Interface, Meshes, Textures, Scripts, Sound etc. Mods can add things to these folders as well as esp files.

...\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim

is where SKSE goes. SKSE is NOT a mod - it is a script extender.

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Skyrim

contains DLCList.txt, LoadOrder,txt and PlugIns.txt - PlugIns.txt is the one used by the game, and that is the one changed by BOSS. With any luck, it may be a bad load order problem and BOSS should fix it, as long as the esp etc for the mod has been removed.

If you copy and paste the contents of PlugIns.txt, that will tell us your mod list and load order.

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\Skyrim

contains the Saves folder and your Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. Don't mess with any ini files elsewhere - these are the ones the game uses.

I hope that helps. ;)

~.~

First off, I am sorry :sad: I shouldn't have started deleting things, but I guess I have to learn the hard way.

No problem, that's often the best way to learn. You'll never do THAT again! :D

We learn best from our mistakes, and you've learned a lot!

~

Alright, so here's the things I'll try to do, in order, once I get home:

-Download/Install BOSS

-Reinstall SKSE

-Potentially reinstall Skyrim if the top two don't work

Here's the list of things I've already tried but didn't work:

-Loading a save from before the mod was added

-Going into the game via "coc Whiterun" and then selecting a save

-Updated the Steam Client

-Verified my Game Cache

Is there anything else you'd suggest doing? @Shadeybladey I did try to reload a save from before the mod was added but that didn't work.

There's another thing you could try.
Download and install Wrye Bash. Use the installer version.

After you've run BOSS and reinstalled SKSE, open up Wrye Bash and navigate to the saves tab up the top. Click on your latest save, the one you're trying to load, and you'll see a list of esp files that your save depends on.
It should look a little something like this.

Basically, what you want to do, is make sure you're not missing ANY of the files that your save depends on. That is more than likely the cause of the crash you're getting, especially if you're able to start new games, but not load your current one.

Make sure to run BOSS again once you've gotten all those files back!