Bookshelf capacity increasing - problem with vanilla game?

Thicketford

I'm currently working on a mod and I ran into a problem with creating bookshelves. I thought I had messed up somewhere, but after some testing it seems that the vanilla game bookcases have the exact same problem. I'll try to explain as clearly as possible...

You have a bookcase with a capacity of 11 books, for example. If you add and remove the books using the bookshelf trigger everything works fine. The problem occurs if you open a book on the shelf and take it directly without accessing the inventory.

If you take a single book and then check the inventory, it says "This shelf can hold 12 more books" instead of the expected 10. This happens every time you remove a book directly, increasing the capacity for every book taken.

I saw another user who had a similar problem (check the final post)...

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/731461-bookshelves-questions/?hl=%2Bbookshelf&do=findComment&comment=6952483

Can anyone else confirm if this a bug in the vanilla game? I don't recall this happening when I played the Xbox version.

*EDIT I should also probably mention another glitch that occurs. If you put multiple copies of the same book on a shelf and then remove one without accessing the menu, you still get the extra capacity as noted above. However, if you check the bookshelf inventory and then close it the books will 'refresh' themselves on the shelf, but there will be one less book shown on the shelf.

Edited by Thicketford

Can anyone else confirm if this a bug in the vanilla game?

I can confirm this. I believe the bug is caused by the lines 41 and 42 of the PlayerBookShelfTriggerSCRIPT.

(Shelfcontainer as PlayerBookShelfContainerScript).CurrentBookAmount = (Shelfcontainer as PlayerBookShelfContainerScript).CurrentBookAmount - 1
(ShelfContainer as PlayerBookShelfContainerScript).RemoveBooks((TriggerRef.GetBaseObject()), 1)

If I remove these lines from the script, it seems to work correctly.