NMM 0.47.0 "forced" update to fix the download issues

Dark0ne

The latest version does NOT automatically go on line - this was a heavily requested feature. And the always online was causing a lot of the problems we were having.

Have you clicked on the little red buddy icon in the lower left ? That is how you go online. You must do this every time you start NMM unless you don't need to go online ( not needed to do stuff like activate or deactivate mods in the list or to manually add mods) - and NO , you cannot download anything if you are not online. (That is what online means) And it cannot update the versions unless it is online because just like every site on the internet, it cannot update anything if it is not online.

To check for mod updates - first go online, (That little buddy icon in the lower left corner) then go to the MODS page - and click on the green curved arrow on the left this instantly checks your mods for updates without having to wait a day or three.

Please tell me you didn't entirely miss the new On/Off line icon that we put to make it easy. And the many posts that explained it. :pinch:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #11751479.

The instructions, the explanation why it had to be done that way, as well as the invalidation of any concerns or complaints brought up in this regard so far, your's included, are found right up in the news article, the last and 2nd last paragraphs.

tl;dr: If they let you update through an old NMM, a couple of old NMMs going online will already kill the servers again, and we're back at round one.

Well the update works fine for me so far, the only problem i had was it was not showing mod updates but thanks to nylonkex's comment it does now i thought i might of missed something, any way thanks for the hard work guys Edited by Pureskills101

@bomber: this is a new one on me - As it loads OK and seems OK until you try to go online I would suspect something in your browser. Up until that point it is not using the Internet at all. It is just loading and running a program on your computer.

Helpful info for troubleshooting

what browser, include version

Any add ons in that browser - I have used several ad blockers with no problem, (firefox) but no script gave me some problems at one time

Make sure your dot net framework is up to date - NMM requires 3.5 ( always has)

In response to post #11751940. #11757942 is also a reply to the same post.

Same thing as Bomber Ted. Click on the "Red Buddy" Icon, NMM endlessly cycles. So in actuality, bben46, this hasn't made it any easier. And your sarcasm and acting like you're put out by explaining things doesn't help either. If If it's too hot for you, don't be a moderator... allow someone to fill that position that shows a little more patience.

In response to post #11751940. #11757942, #11763909, #11764277 are all replies on the same post.

Sigh... seriously, guys? Now I can't even log in through NMM, yet I'm logged in here, else I wouldn't be making a comment! What fresh Hell is this red buddy thing! Using chrome, tried disabling AV and firewall... NOTHING. Yet everything worked perfectly on Friday. I have read all the "many posts" that "explain" how this is supposed to work... oh well. Perhaps in 3 or 4 more updates this will be fixed and the next big "improvement" can queer the deal yet again.

Hi Guys

I seem to not be the only person having this issue: I cant log on via manager. It takes a long time to open the login in menu, shortly followed by windows telling me the program isn't responding. When I leave windows to wait for NMM to respond, it just takes me back to the login window. Feels like a coding/server issue with NMM.

I'm getting the same issue, however after a waiting for about 10 minutes or so, I was able to reach a log in screen stating the servers were unavailable. while, I only just began to have this problem about an hour ago. While I appreciate the idea of not using an always online feature, shouldn't it have been a simple check box in the settings to disable automatic log in? now that I'm unable to go online, attempting to manually add a mod that I've downloaded using NMM prompts an error stating that I must be online to perform that action. -.-