Newbie mistakes fallout 3 version

orctor

Hello i deiced to make a newbie mistake thread for fallout 3 to, after the old one was so successful.

So write your newbie mistakes you have done in Fallout 3 :P

Uhm i remember when i thought my own mines didn't hurt me so i was standing next to a pile of mines i had planted there waiting for a uhm one of those big black thingys :P death

something

so i got blown in pieces :P

I was so stupid so i thought it was the death thingy that had killed me so i did it again... xD

that's what i can remember atm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first started, I couldn't find my way around Rivet City or Megaton. Then, I finally noticed all the signs. :wallbash:

Who hasn't taken cover behind a car, thinking nothing bad would happen, right?

I took cover behind a buss instead xD

I already knew about the cars but not about the buss so i was kinda screwed

I swiped a Chinese AR from The Family's guard as I was leaving. It was just laying there on a table, and the guard was nowhere to be seen. I figured I could get away with it. He came out of nowhere and chased me, eventually dying to a trap I had missed.

I accidentally pissed off Roy Philips in dialog, and he and his ghouls attacked me. I hadn't actually meant to slaughter the ghouls. It was self-defense, Three Dog, I SWEAR!

I took skill-boosting perks.

I screwed up on the fire ant/doctor Lesko quest, ended up killing both Lesko and the Queen.

Hm. First time around I killed everyone, even the traders, then realized I was pretty bored. Oh, and it took me the longest time to figure out I could buy other weapons.

Also, doing Moira's quests without question. Boy, did I realize that was a mistake.

It took me ages to work out you could disarm landmines.

First time I went to Minefield, I tried to use the cars for cover. BIG mistake.

The first time I encountered fire ants, I wasn't scared at all. 'I bet they're just like the fire ants from Fallout 2', I said to my friend, 'and they'll be no trouble at all.' 10mm pistol at the ready, I strode up to one....and got burned.

Also, doing Moira's quests without question. Boy, did I realize that was a mistake.

I still do the Survival Guide (without lying to her)- I kinda like it :blink: .

My biggest mistakes would be-

1) Not knowing you could swim. Seriously. I spent like 2 hours on the way to Rivet City trying to find a way around the Potomac before I fell in the river, and just swimming to Rivet City.

2) Doing the entire MQ. Instead of skipping Moriarty, Rivet City, and heading to Project Purity, I should've just went straight to Vault 87.

3) Playing as an evil character. Not worth it.

4) Letting Dogmeat die.

pffffffft i use skill boosting perks all the time :rolleyes:

my mistake was to try to kill the first deathclaw i ever met, he was nearly dead and i though i could just swing my baseball bat on it in VATS, big mistake.