Newbie mistakes fallout 3 version

orctor

My goofs, lessee,

1. Hid behind cars.

2. Drank all the Quantums I found.

3. Tried to go toe-to-toe with Feral Ghoul Reavers (as a Sniper).

4. Didn't choose the Entomologist perk (ALL types of Radscorpions thus becoming more trouble than just about ANY other enemy)!

5. Didn't know to repair weapons to save space & weight.

6. Didn't use Pip-Boy light.

7. Didn't explore more in general and discovering locations before attempting certain quests (Fire Ants laugh in the face of the Hunting Rifle!).

8. Didn't find the Alien Crash Site until lvl 30! That blaster is AWESOME!

9. Didn't disarm the bomb in Megaton for awhile, giving me no house in which to store stuff.

Biggest: not reading everything I possibly could on this website AND the wiki!

Dave S.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know you could read books and sold about half of the books in the game because they had high cap rates. I then read loads without getting comprehension.

I didn't know you could quick bind weapons to number keys.

I didn't know the pip boy had a torch.

I thought the house items were a waste of caps and instead used the doctors to heal my rads.

The first follower I got was charon, I bought him for one thing because I didn't like killing, and because he came with 20 shotgun shells I thought I had to supply his ammo/weapons and kept him fully stocked with my best Chinese Assault Rifle for most the game.

Cars.

Didn't find the Quantam quest until right near the end of the game, by then I had sold/drank almost all of them.

Thankfully after I completed my first game and wasn't afraid of spoilers I looked all this stuff up via a guide.

This is some of the things I did.

1. Didn't heal my crippled head, quite a mistake in hot areas.

2. Didn't read the Fast travle pop-up note, so I didn't knew

that I could fast travle between locations.

3. Quite often I did sell off my Bobby Pins and always tried to force up

the locks.

4. Didn't know the Fire Ants would spit fire and charged one of them with an Combat Knife.

5. Never looked out for gas leaks which often got me to try out run a wall of fire comming at me.

• 2 weeks later...

i didn't know the metros actually went somewhere. I thought they were all blocked.

I didn't know how to view karma and stats.

Didn't know stimpacks did until GNR

Didn't know that 3dog was slightly crucial and so i killed him and had to take the long way to the washington monument

Did't know how to repair

Hid behind cars

Didn't know fire ants spat fire, so I, too, charged at one of them... Boy, that was stupid...

Shot a gas leak and then almost shat myself when the whole room erupted into flames.

Didn't know how to disarm mines.

Killed everyone in Paradise Falls without getting Clover as a companion.

Thought I could take on a deathclaw using only a hunting rifle and a combat knife.

You know that field of unexploded cars in DC? Yeah, I got into a gunfight there once... Bad idea...

Blew up Megaton without getting all the stuff from it first.

Accidentaly shot the gas bubbles in Point Lookout. (And once more, nearly shat myself when they exploded)

Dunwich building.

Stepped on a skeleton.

Did not recognise traps when I saw them, and stright away walked right into them.

Yeah... I was pretty stupid in my newbie days.