New Forum Skin Feedback

Dark0ne

Well as always, I mean no harm with my sarcastic remarks. Firstly; I like the skin, it’s a good one, Secondly; I said, “This forum now looks like one of mine!” so your “Am I to understand "one of yours" is what you would deem "professional?" comment is quite inaccurate. Where as I compared this skin to one I would make, calling them both amateurs, follow? I have been around the forum communities a long time, and I know an amateur skin when I see one. As for improvements, it is not my place to say, because in the end, it is up to Dark0ne’s (bows before an alter) preference that matters. I guess the main forum page looks to be something I can make, which surprised me, just the forum lay out.

Apologies for not picking up on the somewhat obscure humour. I think I understand now.

However, this thread is your place to say what improvements can be made. While you are correct in stating it is Dark0nes preference, he is encouraging your ideas in this thread.

Also I did not realise I was in the presence of someone who has seen so many forums over the years. Next time I will definitely watch what I type!

Ah, no worries my friend, always happy to discuss skins and forums. This skin is an “Invision Power Board skin developed by Transverse Styles” I like to make skins from the ground up, as apposed to it just being downloaded/bought then uploaded by the admin, not to say there is anything wrong with that, so it is hard to comment on the skin, where as it has it’s own scheme. To make changes would mess with it, but I will see what I can find.

I think by legend he means a key to the colours.

IE: Green= Staff

Red= Mods

Yellow = Memods (As I still see them)...etc

*Note how I put staff first...we will always come first, ya moderators you! HA!

All I can think of right now are the small images all through out the site, such as the ones at the bottom of the main page; the ones right beside the “Today’s Birthdays” area. See the attached image, I would suggest changing the colors of these images to match the skin, i.e. red and gray. Also, what is up with the "mini profile"? The broke image under the avatar.

post-39079-1124390792.gif

I like the new colour scheme, can only second that it's nice how the "new posts" button can be distinguished much more easily from the "no new posts" one. :) - And it's good to have the "fast reply" option back ^^

The yellow member names are rather Project Phoenix, I think (and thus, great parts of former MEMod, yes ;) ).

Same colours as the uniform worn by the school I used to go to. (Those were the days!) Not quite sure what I think about that

Gosh, you've been on these fora so long and still think that's coincidence?