Endurance & Leveling Up

Grogrokl

Is it true that the earlier you increase your Endurance the more Health will you end up with?

Example:

Scenario A: during level 1-20 you increase your Endurance by 80 points. During level 21-40 you increase your Endurance by 0 points.

Scenario B: during level 1-20 you increase your Endurance by 0 points. During level 21-40 you increase your Endurance by 80 points.

Is it true that Scenario A will have given you much more Health Points by level 40???

Have a look at the chart on the UESP Wiki page for Endurance. Because of how your total health is calculated yes, you need to increase endurance as quickly as possible early in the game. You'll also notice that how high your endurance starts affects your maximum achievable health and how quickly it rises.

Compare case 1 and case 3 in the chart. In case 1 an increase of 30 endurance (from 30 at level 1 to 60 at level 7) nets a gain of 87 health (from 60 to 147). In case 3 the health increase for that same 30 increase in endurance results in an increase in health of 105 plus your character has 225 health at level 7 instead of 147.

Easy to see why my first character was a double warrior (birthsign and class). My second guy used a custom class to get around the drawbacks of double warrior (almost impossible to control leveling with the vanilla leveling system ... I'm also a +5 bonus junkie).