Bored of Fallout 3, any tips?

katashy

I've been playing FO3 for a while now, and to be honest, i'm really bored.

I've downloaded mods Trouble on the Homefroms, and real timesettler, which gave me minor relief from boredom, and i have downloaded the dlcs, but they bore me.

Is there anything I can do to liven it up?

Heres stuff not to post, since i've done them...

Don't post:

Blow up megaton

get companions

killing spree

side quests

But you cAN post any decent mods that make it less boirng, or anything else that's fun to do i the game.

Cheers, you bored friend, Katshy.

Start a new character that is a total opposite to your previous one and roleplay him. If you played a good character, do an evil one and vice-versa. That way you can see the effects of the choices you didn't take with your last character.

I'd also say, download a few quest mods and take your time playing them. Change up the scenery as well, if you like the idea of a greener wasteland, try the Evergreen mod here:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7806

Wasteland moods is also good for giving the game a different look.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6550

If all that fails, try your hand at modding and play around with GECK.

I've been playing FO3 for a while now, and to be honest, i'm really bored.

I've downloaded mods Trouble on the Homefroms, and real timesettler, which gave me minor relief from boredom, and i have downloaded the dlcs, but they bore me.

Is there anything I can do to liven it up?

Heres stuff not to post, since i've done them...

Don't post:

Blow up megaton

get companions

killing spree

side quests

But you cAN post any decent mods that make it less boirng, or anything else that's fun to do i the game.

Cheers, you bored friend, Katshy.

Take a break for a month and come back and see what new mods are kicking about. This worked wonders for me as I'm enjoying the game again.

Try making a few mods of your own. I find that it very interesting, all the little quirks this game shows you from this side. :)

I have one mod, for example, that gives super powerful weapons to all the random raiders and super mutants. That really livens things up, let me tell you. You think twice before going after a super mutant with a missile launcher or a gatling laser or a fat man than one with just a wimpy mini gun.

I think I'm the complete opposite :D

Modifying the game yourself is indeed fun. Wanna make a fat man that shoots 50,000 nukes at once? Why not! Wanna make it so your megaton house is 10 stories high? Go ahead!

And I know you said not to mention side quests but really there are so many how on earth could you get bored!

But if you are REALLY bored, don't force yourself to play. There's not much point in playing a game if you aren't enjoying yourself.

MMM seriously changes the game if you haven't tried it. I had to give it up because it was causing a consistent crash for me, but it's been updated a couple of times since. I kinda miss it.

Have you tried fighting against Raiders armed with weapons from the 20th Century Weapons mod? Those guns that they're using can liven up combat.

And I know you said not to mention side quests but really there are so many how on earth could you get bored!

I don't know about op but in my case I got bored because I did them ALL. In my case I started moding the thing I actually liked about fallout, story. Now that is done I'm kind of lost, I think a break is in order but I do not want to leave the mod. Oh I;m getting off topic, I might bring up that modding might not be the best thing to do. Now that I know how it works I'm finding myself thinking of everything from the "other" side of the game. Oh and ` click "kill" is invaluable for debugging but kind of ruins the game.