The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I am sold witht he psvita already, the sound quality is second to none, infact it out performs my zen xfi by a long shot, with a pair of sennhieser headphone its almost reaaal!!!!. If you want to use it just for media go ahead its great :thumbsup: .

Not to mention loud

I Opted out on the 3g version knowing how crappy our 3g providers are, Bell and rogers are terrible.Coming from a friend of mine who a has a data plan.

Edited by Thor.

Meh, I don't like consoles, the only console I have is SEGA Mega Drive 2, and I still play that thing :thumbsup:.

For those of you who don't know what the hell that is:

http://www.emuglx.org/Images/SystemSekcije/MD2/MD2_sega_megadrive2.jpg

Your missing out on a fantastic piece of tech, I;m sold just with the media player alone as i stated above, not to mention the games icandy is unreal for a handheld, it literally is like a ps3 on the go.

Infact i think its a tad better then the ps3 in my opinion, noting it has v-sync and none of that awful tearing you get with consoles these days.

Edited by Thor.

Your missing out on a fantastic piece of tech, I;m sold just with the media player alone as i stated above, not to mention the games icandy is unreal for a handheld, it literally is like a ps3 on the go.

Infact i think its a tad better then the ps3 in my opinion, noting it has v-sync and none of that awful tearing you get with consoles these days.

Here's an exaple of Mega Drive 2 graphics quality:

http://www.satakore.com/deza2engine/screenshots/s/superm_2,,Sega-Saturn-Dezaemon2-Screenshot-2-SIMPLE1500-Super-Mario-Unknown.jpg

As you can see it can render Low-quality 2D games with ease. The way it handles color transitions is just beautiful, also it can run Super Mario on Ultra (you might get some lag, but it's well worth it :thumbsup:). Highest resolution is 300x250, it has 16 bit colors and it can load a game in under 10 seconds. You can change the screen size if you switch TV's and it has a 6x20W + 45W subwoofer 3D surround system :biggrin:.

Beat that if you can :armscrossed:.

Edited by Werne

Pff snes was better it had the same chip as the amiga, and not to mention full digital audio.

You must take into consideration that SNES and SEGA Genesis (aka Mega Drive) were actualy competing, and were both equally great. Mega Drive 2 is a second-generation Genesis, somewhat more powerful than it's older brother, which also makes it equal, if not more powerful than an unmodified SNES. Although Nintendo dominated over SEGA, I find SEGA's consoles much better, due to the fact that they can be heavily modified if you have the basic knowledge of electronics.

I'm keeping my older MD2 original, but I've got my hands on another one that I've modded the hell out of. It now has a much more powerful processor, plus I changed the audio chip as well and added two PC fans for cooling. Also, with the adition of SEGA 32X and SEGA CD it soon becomes a much more powerful console than SNES.

As for your PlayStation Vita you mention all the time, to me it's just an overpriced bunch of electronics with a screen. I don't realize why, but people are all into PlayStations and XBOXs and they would pay sums of money I can't even imagine just to get them. I truly don't understand why people want to get PS Vita, when you can get PS Portable much cheaper, is it because of the graphics? If that's so I guess they never played Super Mario on an 8-bit system connected to a 10X10cm size black-and-white TV.

I personally don't care about the graphics, I have a 200$ computer that runs FO3, Oblivion and Skyrim on lowest possible settings (though I managed to get Skyrim to Medium with no lag, can't do that to the others) and an upgraded SEGA Mega Drive 2 console. I also have PS Portable, but I didn't buy it, I found it in a dumpster a few months ago, someone threw it away because the screen was scratched and the battery was nearly dead, it even had a 2GB memory card in it. I fixed it up and now it works, but I use it only to listen to music.