The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Question: You are approached by a frenzied Vault scientist, who yells, "I'm going to put my quantum harmonizer in your photonic resonation chamber!" What's your response?

My response: Yeah? Up yours too, buddy!

I just love Fallout 3, especially now when I finally got it to work again. Damn SecuROM protection, I don't want to have a disc in my comp all the time (plus, my CD drive died), and the game ran just fine for a year without the disc, until it decided to die arond the time Skyrim got out. It took me 3 months to fix it so I can play it again.

I agree with that Werne (not the question and answer bit as I don't play FO so can't comment on it lol). Having to run the game with the disks in constantly is a pain in the butt. I think that once you have installed and registered the game then you should be able to put the disk away until its needed again ie for a reinstall or similar. I have game disks as backups and tend to download the games direct from source. That way if anything goes wrong with my internet etc I have the backup of the disk.

Then you get games like AC which decide that you have to be connected to the internet to play the game... seems like folly to me but hey who am I to complain or tell the powers that be what to do.

Sorry for the rant I think I win :dance:

Use FOMM and you never have to use the disc again. And I win.

Ran it with FOSE and FOMM for a year, then it all went to hell and it demanded me to insert my CD. It was a pain in the arse to find it in my garage and the game still didn't work, even after I inserted the CD. The launcher was making problems, I don't know why though. After I copy/pasted the launcher from the disc (the one that starts up automatically once you insert the disc) the game worked fine.

Now I can even start the launcher without the disc. They should've made it like that in the first place.

Oh, and I win.