The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I bought a car in Gran Turismo today called a "cinq"(Prenounced "Sink" as in sinking feeling, sinking like a stone, sinking ship ect, ect) Anyway I payed literaly a million dollars for a car called "Sink" I took it online, and to my surprise found it nearly unbeatable. I guess it was a case of cinq or swim, it swam, and judging by the wins, the cinq sank a few people's boats, while remaining remarkably uncinqable in itself. It's one thing to win in an online racer, it's quite another to do it in a French compact which had over 85,000 KMs on it before you even bought it, it's got a sort of joy to it all of it's own. Like winning a gun fight with a sharp stick.

I win by dint of puns so horrible, they'll make your eyes fall out and hair hair burst into flames.

I hate to potentially pee in your pun piscine and all, but if it's French and called "cinq" then it's surely pronounced "sank" and not "sink"?

But hey, it'll probably annoy any French people if you pronounce it wrong, and annoying French people is good sport.

@naomis

Well, besides the fact that I do not care about how people look because true beauty isn't found in some perfect face or body measurements, but in one's intelligence and beauty of one's heart.

I was also touched by the rainbow. (Sounds like I'm advertising for Skittles. Yes they're tasty as well, buy them)

So here's two reasons why you should believe me :biggrin:

Well, if you were bitten there's only about a 30-50% chance you'd die, even without the extremely effective antivenoms we have nowadays from a Black Widow. THIS however is a scary spider: Australian (Sydney) Funnelweb, quite large, fairly agressive and equiped with insanely powerful venom. It's bite is so OP it can kill something human sized in about a day.

Normally the bigger spiders are quite timid Take tarantulas for example:Tarantulas are the biggest spiders on earth bar none, for both legspan and mass, as they can grow to truly massive sizes-a large female Theraphosa Blondii can be nearly a foot across from left feet to right feet when lying down. But despite their massive size Tarantulas are very timid creatures and normaly flee down their burrow when confronted-even if they do bite, the bite's about equivalent to a beesting(hurts a bit, for about half an hour. Possible mild dizziness or nausea but that's more likely allergy based, from personal experience the fangs hurt more, and a bandaid will fix that) Rather, it's the little buggers you need to avoid-of the tiny few species that can actually harm a human in any noticeable way, most are tiny.

For example Australia's White Tailed spider is only about an ich across in large examples, but it's bite carries a vicious bacteria that causes tissue necrosis so severe you may lose a limb in extreme cases, even beyond the nasty initial bite which would need hospitalisation anyway. Wheras a Goliath Tarantula can grow to thirteen or more times the White Tail's size, it's fangs actually pose more risk to a human, since it's venom is almost useless. That's assuming it would bite you anyway-they're nearly blind and pretty easy to frighten.(most spiders are very sensitive to vibrations, stomping near them terrifies them)

The one thing I would say though is that they are very canny things, a friend of mine has a few pet taranulas, and they always struck me as much smarter than people give them credit for. They always seem to slip out of sight just before feeding crickets are released, and they're masterful ambush predators-much stealthier and more capable than something so massive would initially seem.

Edited by Vindekarr

Does anyone else love the new Outlook website? It's got a nice minimalistic style and it's tons faster than hotmail. The fact that they let me change my email address name and let me keep the functions of my old email address is a nice plus.

Microsoft did something right, I'm amazed.

Well, if you were bitten there's only about a 30-50% chance you'd die, even without the extremely effective antivenoms we have nowadays from a Black Widow.

Oh, that's actually not all that bad. OK, I'll take it back. I'm not afraid of the black widow spider either. :tongue:

The one thing I would say though is that they are very canny things, a friend of mine has a few pet taranulas, and they always struck me as much smarter than people give them credit for. They always seem to slip out of sight just before feeding crickets are released, and they're masterful ambush predators-much stealthier and more capable than something so massive would initially seem.

Indeed. That was also my first impression from that video you posted. LIke a really sneaky ambush predator indeed. And the part where it suddenly does a little sprint says a lot about it's abilities too.

Anyway, enough ranting: I win!