The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Do you think a lightsaber could block a bullet like it does a laser?

Considering how a lightsaber seems to either vaporize or melt anything it comes into contact with, I"m guessing it will simply vaporize the bullet.

Or would the bullet be flying too fast for the jedi to track?

According to Lucas, Jedi (and Sith) are capable of deflecting laser bolts by "sensing" their trajectory, so I'm guessing they would indeed likely be able to stop a bullet. Though it would help if one would know what the speed of a fired laser-bolt would be and compare it to the speed of bullets.

And can we even see a real laser?

If the laser would be like a laser bolt instead of continuous beam, then one would likely only see a bright flash or something.

Wouldn't they travel at the speed of light?

Well, lasers like we know them are nothing more then an extremely focused beam of light. And light always travels at the same speed.

The "laser bolts" from Star Wars however, seem more like bolts of plasma which are somehow kept stable and together.

Ugh, I feel like a geek now. :geek:

Thanks for the info. I just imagined the army men shooting their assualt rifles at Palpatine and my mind started racing. I think firing a full clip would get at least a couple through, since even if you detected them you would not be able to react to them all.

Woo GW2 time. Since I missed my headstart. D:

Edit: Or not. I'm getting 13-20 FPS. -.- 13 was the lowest with every single thing set for good looks, 20 was the highest with everything set for performance. So I'd say something else is wrong, oh wait... Processor is 7 years old. Lol but I ran fine in the beta! D:

Edited by K00L

Duuuhhh!! platinum trophy in ratchet and clank one is going to take awhile, 1m bolts and a few others i can name http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif but the time i have i played it in the passed 1m was easy. Especially sense that as the only ps2 game i ever really played for a good lenght of time. Edited by Thor.

Thanks for the info. I just imagined the army men shooting their assualt rifles at Palpatine and my mind started racing. I think firing a full clip would get at least a couple through, since even if you detected them you would not be able to react to them all.

UH SIRS! In the Star Wars universe you can only shoot straight if your name rhymes with Padme Amidala or Han Solo - ergo no matter the munitions the (earth)soldier wouldn't get a kill on anyone let alone poor old lightening fingers. :geek:

Hmm what about teleporting bullets that travel through time, can a jedi stop that. It hits the target inside the body, then explodes.. reggrerthrthtry5etyjetyjtejytjy made it up, reminds me of a deep space 9 episode http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/teehee.gif