The last poster wins

TheCalliton

@lv000: Irlen's has only been recognised as a psychological illness in the last 10 years or so and depending upon the school we have to push for child psychologists to assess children in the educational system. A number of opticians are now quite clued up on it as it is based on visual acuity and therefore is more likely to be picked up in an eye test and then referred to the proper people should they not have tinting available within the store.

ย 

Tinting is a time consuming business as it is necessary to assess whether one is susceptible to UVA/UVB rays as well as colour tinting to assist with the reduction of light on paper. Tinted glasses and acetates do NOT colour the paper or whiteboard etc, they reduce glare enabling you to read what is upon the page or board. This takes the strain out of the eye and enables the correct signals to be sent to the brain so you can interpret what you see properly. 3D also becomes clearer, although for some it remains difficult and one can still end up falling over one's feet at a moments notice (I do it quite often lol especially as I rarely wear my glasses in the house).

ย 

Whilst on the computer, I change the colour of my windows and pages (if there is an option to do so) which again helps with the glare from white. You will have to muck about with your own settings to find out which colour is correct for you.

ย 

Hope this helps somewhat. You need to rid yourself of the mindset that this is all your fault, it isn't. None of us are perfect, we all have flaws, some visual, some not. You and I have flaws that are none visual and therefore harder to understand. We class disabilities as problems that can be seen, this is not true, but you are gifted in so many ways. Play to your strengths and work on your weaknesses. There are ways and means to assist yourself, you have to find what works for you and do not allow yourself to be forced into something you're not comfortable with.

ย 

If you need anything don't hesitate to contact me, my email is on my page if you don't want to talk about it on here. Me I'm not worried but you may do so.

ย 

:D