The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Ok, I've reset my networking info this morning at 7am, that means this is my network transmission info for the past 3 hours:

NetworkInfoThisMorning.png

So, that's 1.6x8=12.8GB daily, which is 12.8x30=384GB monthly download and 63x8=504MB daily, which is 504x30=14.77GB monthly upload.

That means I'm back to normal. :dance: Last month was weird though, 86GB download but 131GB upload. How the hell did I upload 131GB anyway? :huh:

Edited by Werne

Download cap who?? unlimited plan here, i finally updated steam today. lol steam man i nearly downloaded a terabyte worth of games from steam, especially that batman Arkhem city, its HUUUUUUGGGEE!!!

That's the problem with digital only, it'll suck you're bandwidth dry, and cap.

Edited by Thor.

Get a 4g network hub, faster then dial up, with half the price of dial up.

especially good if you're out in the middle of no where without fiber

plans can be costly though depending where you live, but here in Canada we get gouged for that sort of thing, so it might very depending the country

Edited by Thor.

I don't have a traffic limit at all. And I had over 3TB download in December. :psyduck:

And, in other news, I'm afraid my girlfriend got into a Balkan state of mind. That's not good, not good at all. :ermm:

To partially explain, she got a Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook a few weeks ago, i7 3.1GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. The price was 450$ in Bosnia that got down to 50$ through your everyday Bosnian agreements (if he ever did so, Iv000 will understand what "getting stuff from Bosnia" means).

Anyway, now that she decided she doesn't like it (small screen, little memory, used), she's trading that thing in for 350$ and she'll give a 100$ on top of that to get a brand new Dell XPS 15z, i7 3.5GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 720GB HDD for 450$ (again, in Bosnia, through Bosnian agreements).

It's understandable that I go to Bosnia every now and then and do business, I'm born and raised in the Balkans after all, but I never expected her to go there. :confused:

*sigh* She has been assimilated, the resistance was futile. :(

Edited by Werne

I'm encoding stuff in 19200kps 64bit wav files for conversion-nothing beats lossy formats at a really insane bitrate, Although the files can be HUUUGE!!

Another reason why i needed that xonar card

Edited by Thor.

This is why I don't go to MMO's

Because Thor encodes in 19200 kbps? :huh:

Well, that's a good reason, a bit rate that high is useless and only wastes space. The maximum bit-rate for standard lossless audio CDs is 1411 kbps at 16bit compression, all data retained 100%, slightly higher for DVDs. And by raising bit-rate from the original you gain nothing what so ever.

64bit compression at high bit-rates only adds quality if you are recording your own performance in 18MB/s yourself or listening to music recorded in that bit-rate. Other than that, it's useless, even BluRay has under 5000kbps audio.

Edited by Werne