The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I might consider installing it in the future, at least Nvidia has proper drivers for Linux unlike amd.

Anyways i already installed it on a Linux Distro already, Mint cinnemon, far nicer looking then that ugly os that's steam OS.

Edited by Thor.

I might consider installing it in the future, at least Nvidia has proper drivers for Linux unlike amd.

AMD improved their drivers, still lagging behind Windows drivers but at least they're better. Also, Nvidia has crappy open-source drivers (noveau) and open-source drivers are important as well - you can't install a proprietary driver if you can't even start the GUI. Their older cards whose support is dropped by Nvidia are practically unusable under Linux cause Nvidia refuses to give any kind of hardware specs, AMD's 2xxx/3xxx/4xxx series also have dropped proprietary support but their FOSS driver performs well on them cause AMD assists the FOSS community.

And I already have my own SteamOS build instead of grabbing Valve's crappy one - SteamOS GUI shell running on top of custom Debian Wheezy installation with the latest AMD drivers and a performance-oriented, stripped-down Linux 3.12.6 kernel configured for Piledriver architecture, runs as smooth as butter. :cool:

Well this Winter has been nothing but snow and cold, and more snow, and cold, On top of freezing temps and more snow. Global warming, i know a few people who are doubting it ever sense this winter brought more snow then we had in almost a decade. Except that snowmegadon 5 years ago, though that's the exception.

Edited by Thor.

Well, ever since the global warming stuff we usually get a warm winter, then about 10 days of freezing our asses off, and finally a blizzard with snow sticking around for a week or two. That's not common here, before we had snow maybe once every 3-5 years and it would stick around for a day or two tops, now it's every year and sticks for a while cause we get the Russian climate coming down to the Mediterranean.

Last year it missed us and made a ruckus in Turkey and Greece, this year there's a chance it may hit us again. Fine by me though, I'd take the cold over mosquito bites any day.