⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

4 Legged Dragons!

dixon87

I don't see why that would be the case. After all, they added whole new creatures with the DLC's, so it's entirely possible to do it without breaking the engine.

What do you mean by adding completely new animations?

Ugh. Bethesda are the game's creators. They can do it, but a modder far as I know, can't add entirely new Actor Bases, and New Animations. I'm talking about animations that are created outside the game, and imported. I don't think its possible. To create a working, 4-legged dragon, just seems impossible. I see that now, and previously, I had insulted modders in my thinking it WAS possible.

Edited by dixon87

• 3 weeks later...

Ever so slight bump here.

Bethesda may be the game's creators, but if it was impossible to do then even they couldn'tve done it. The fact they did do it does kinda imply it is in fact possible. They still have to work within the boundaries of the engine they created.

As for animations, all you gotta do is have a look at the "Animations" catagory on the Skyrim Nexus proper, and you'll see it's quite possible to make completely new animations.

None of what you're trying to achieve is impossible, not at all. The only thing that matters is whether you're willing to put the effort into making all this stuff.

• 4 months later...

It is a fact, as well, that four-legged dragons are less realistic than two-legged variants (so-called wyverns), for no vertebrates have yet been found with more than four limbs, where the most common known western dragons have six (four legs and two wings).

Wyverns are much more realistic, for they have only four limbs, and there have yet been creatures, able to use there wings as legs. Think about bats, or, remember dorygnathus, and other prehistoric "birds".

• 1 year later...

It is a fact, as well, that four-legged dragons are less realistic than two-legged variants (so-called wyverns), for no vertebrates have yet been found with more than four limbs, where the most common known western dragons have six (four legs and two wings).

Wyverns are much more realistic, for they have only four limbs, and there have yet been creatures, able to use there wings as legs. Think about bats, or, remember dorygnathus, and other prehistoric "birds".

Realism and dragons don't go together at all. Nor do realism and a video game about someone that shouts dragons to death go together. There is nothing realistic about dragons no matter how you draw and animate them. Nor is there much if anything realistic about Skyrim.

Edited by KaneBunce

• 1 month later...

I don't believe this would be "impossible". The question is "Why?". I suppose it would be cool to see a "Four-Legged" Dragon in Skyrim, but there would be no end to the glitches. If anyone would be willing to give this a shot I say go for it, but it will probably take a lot of time and effort. This would probably take as long to complete as a voiced quest-line.

EDIT- Oh shoot I necroed didn't I? LOL

Edited by Althurdiil