How did you get money on Morrowind.

Lycan

Thieve's Guild quests, even the early ones, pay out a TON of money for early quests, as much as 1000 a pop, which seems like a lot but isn't. The real money is in the Tribunal Expansion. If you're at level 20-30, just beat the shiznat out of every Dark Brotherhood Punisher you meet (which should be a LOT at level 20-30) and sell one of the Daedric Tantos to the Armorer in the Great Bazaar. Wait 24 hours, sell another. Another 24 hours, sell another. It's that easy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually have no trouble with money i must say....

I start with a low alchemy skill (as alchemy really does bring in the cash) and then i go to mages guild in balmore (this is before i got me some handy mods that make the whole thing quicker) and buy food from the Khajiit untill i have 100 of at least two ingridients. And then make potions. Zap to caldera...sell it all to creeper...and i gain levels too! and when im done im usually level 7 or 10.... and usually have over 100 k to play with! And no one gets hurt! ! Then i go and raid the bitter coast and all its tombs... keeps me occupied!

Recently, with the new mods I've been playing, including Partners and the mod that adds the Black Netch, Red Dragon, and Dagoth armors, I can get around 4000 gold before I even leave the Seyda Neen area. Get the 500 from the tax collecter quest, take Gilnith's stuff and sell it since he'll no longer be needing it, get the Fargoth's hiding place quest but keep 300 gold, get the Mentor's Ring, go to the Thelas tomb to get the full set of Black Netch there and sell it to the guy near the Bitter Coast Cantina from Partners, and if I kill a Dark Brotherhood assassin while I'm there, I can sell all of his stuff, too! Seems like a decent start money-wise.

haha i have come up with a supreme scheme, if you do not mind selling a good item (you can get it back later), and if you have tribunal, get the King's Mail or whatever, and sell to the museum in Mournhold. 30k, on my first lvl haha. great fun, if you can't find the armor, search spoilers.

Probably my quickest way to get money is to do the House Hlaalu and Thieves Guild quests, as they pay well. Another one of my quicker ways to to pop into the Caldera Mages Guild, go in the tower and steal the alchemy equipment, since I am no alchemist, and sell it in a different town. It fetches a rather nice price. Sometimes I will grab everything I can find and sell it, but I have a hard time drawing away from selling candles. I collect them for some strange reason, and I am still trying to figure out why.

Vivec, Redoran, Dralor manor. Take the key from lady upstairs draw. got to vaults, open vault, wait for ordinator to leave vault, take all I can carry and sell it to creeper in caldera ghorak manor. sorted. Also if you get scourge or summon golden saint/dremora. summon them, kill them and as they hit the ground (timing has to be perfect.) you can cheak the corps and get their weapon and shield! unlimeted daedric weapons!

• 2 weeks later...
Vivec, Redoran, Dralor manor. Take the key from lady upstairs draw. got to vaults, open vault, wait for ordinator to leave vault, take all I can carry and sell it to creeper in caldera ghorak manor. sorted. Also if you get scourge or summon golden saint/dremora. summon them, kill them and as they hit the ground (timing has to be perfect.) you can cheak the corps and get their weapon and shield! unlimeted daedric weapons!

Hmmm... When I summon a dremora/golden saint - kill them - while they fall enter their courpse the game crashes... Any ideas on how to stop that?

• 4 years later...

When starting out i usually make money just by following the advice of the npcs i meet in town. One of the first places i go to is the cave near the silt strider at Seyda Neen. Great loot there and i even get to do a good deed in the process.I usually sell the armor,weapons and clothing back in town while leaving things like illegal drugs behind or even dumping them in the cave water so they are beyond use. Books along with things like candles and lanterns i keep to decorate a shack that becomes abandoned after a certain quest in Seyda Neen.

Am a rabid dungeon explorer and love collecting treasure aswell as discovering all the different types of creatures that dwell within. I never kill innocent civilians for loot unless am playing an evil character and even then i usually dont since its more fun going up against someone who is fully capable of defending themselves.