Things that dont make sence FO3 version

iavor55

What I want to know, is how do people in Megaton know you're from the vault so quickly? I mean, you leave the vault, haul arse to Megaton and Moira Brown suddenly knows you're that "stray from the Vault" and Jericho (if you're good) knows that you're a 'goodie two shoes from the vault"

because the game assumes you will be wearing a Vault 101 jumpsuit.

which i wasnt, i stripped naked so they wouldnt realize i was not one of them (a wastelander). of course it didnt work :/

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Megaton exist?

It is a crater, made by an undetonated bomb, which neither exploded, nor was crushed to the size of a soda can by impacting the earth at such speed as to create that hole in the ground.

How people managed to survive long enough out there after being locked out of the Vault and were able to assemble a huge city from scraps of airplane that somehow appeared out there, mostly intact, after the Earth and everything on it was burnt to a crisp

You obviously haven't spoken to Manya about Megaton. The settlers were driven there by the conditions and the raiders. And that bomb never could have created the crater since it hadn't exploded. Megaton itself is aided by its water treatment plant, which makes it an independent community. For food, they maintain constant contact with traders and with Rivet City.

How the heck did the remnants of the Master's Army (Super Mutants and Centaurs) made it this far east of the US? The West Coast is a pretty dang long way from here. Why are there almost an infinite number of them in FO3 when they were pretty much decimated in FO1. And no they can't reproduce because all Super Mutants are sterile and can only possible by dipping a human into a vat of FEV.

And where and how the heck did they get the mass amount of FEV needed to start making their kind again.

How the heck did the remnants of the Master's Army (Super Mutants and Centaurs) made it this far east of the US? The West Coast is a pretty dang long way from here. Why are there almost an infinite number of them in FO3 when they were pretty much decimated in FO1. And no they can't reproduce because all Super Mutants are sterile and can only possible by dipping a human into a vat of FEV.

And where and how the heck did they get the mass amount of FEV needed to start making their kind again.

Have you finished playing the game? The answer is in it. They aren't part of the Master's army.

Actually I did. Thing is I never bothered reading anything in vault 87 until yesterday. Normally too busy killing Muties, my bad. :ermm:

Still, that doesn't explain why the heck they're so freaking many of them.

Actually I did. Thing is I never bothered reading anything in vault 87 until yesterday. Normally too busy killing Muties, my bad. :ermm:

Still, that doesn't explain why the heck they're so freaking many of them.

This is just an educated guess of course, but the Super Mutants must've been producing their own kind for decades -if not longer. I mean the Player is a fairly new fish in the pond. And the muties kidnap "the little people" from all over the Wasteland to transform them into their own kind (as they were planning to do to the people of BigTown). They've been scouring the Wastes for human captives for God knows how long. Making more muties seems to be their prime directive; make more mutants to send them out to find more materials to transform, etc. And if they manage to cause a lot of mayhem and grief while claiming more people...... Evidently people at Bethesda ("Softworks" not the "Ruins") imply that the production of FEV at Vault 87 is still possible, on a pretty large scale. Well, large enough to keep on making more muties. I mean even Doc Lesko had access to a little FEV to work on his mutagens for the Grayditch Fire Ants. Even President Eden had a little supply that he modified for you know why.

And they're pretty invulnerable at Vault 87 -well, until the Player decided to pay a visit. Rothchild said they were unable to penetrate the radiation and that they simply didn't bother to try the Little Lamplight backdoor.

About those super mutants, if their headquarters is all the way west in the Capitel Wasteland, why do they go all the way east to DC. You would expact to find more muties in the wasteland, but all I see is Radschorpions, Robots and Raiders and sometimes a few muties in random encounters.

And now this: There are two settlements that are very close to each other (Of course I'm talking about Big Town and Arefu) and each have entirely different problems. You would expect the muties to try out sometimes if those "little people" from Arefu are worth taking. Of course it also seems likely that the Family tries to drink blood in another settlement (especially if you force them to make a truce with Arefu).