Too many deadly creatures in the Commons

Cecallred

Just a quick question for those of you who are well versed in the mods...

Is there a mod, or can I edit the game to add an area around Canterbury Commons to keep the deadly creatures outside of town? I installed a new mod that adds more buildings and a vibrant mainstreet, but when I go there the people are in full battle with a dozen or more creatures. This of course causes deaths, but also slow downs and mayhem. The reason for the mod was to have a real town to travel too but I'd like to keep the bad things outside at some distance.

Thanks

Cec

the Commons has some spawn points right in the heart of it (1 on the common, 1 outside Machete & Doms and 1 behind it near the Brahmin) with more nearby.

the level of creature spawned depends on your player-characters level when you enter the cell(s), so it's not an issue at lower levels.

unless you remove those spawn points, you will get these crazed fight scenes almost every time you visit (i stopped bothering long ago).

Thanks for the input. I'll look in GECK and see if it's possible to move them or remove them. I'm at Lvl 20 with Increased Spawns running which has really given the area a more deadly effect than I'd like. The idea was to create CC into a real trading area and I can't do that as long as everyone dies there. I already lost all the original traders to that area.

yes, with Increased Spawns and/or Ghoul Rampage with a 20+ player-character it is a crazy place to fast travel to.

you might try this mod; Canterbury Commons Guards: http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5900

i used it initially to prevent the death of the residents, but i find i have to resurrect them overmuch nowadays (hence my avoidance of the area).

Funny you should mention that one. I loaded it yesterday. It helps but I'll tell you what; sometimes there are at least 15 enemy spawns in town along with the new businesses, traders, wanderers, guards etc. Couple that with me and three followers and you've got quite an active little town now

It's all my system can do at times to make it all run.... :D