Looking for..... a house.

gpstr1

After wading through 17 of the 93 pages of house mods here and not finding much of anything, I'm going to appeal to the rest of the board.

I'm looking for a house mod-- not a specific one, just one that suits my needs. All I want is a normal, believeable, realistic house in a nice location outside of any town and with its own map marker. That's all. What I DON'T want is a tower or a castle or a mansion, nor do I want an armorer or a merchant or a trainer or a private army, nor do I want boxes full of uber items or a spellmaking altar or an enchanting altar or an "alchemy lab" (I don't know about anyone else, but I keep all my alchemy apparati and ingredients in one box, take it all out to use it and put it all back when I'm done) or a set of doors to teleport me anywhere in Cyrodiil or some laughable backstory about my great-uncle Wilbur "who dieed n left (me) his kewl house with teh sekrit basment door 2 a manshon with a private army of badass Xivalai and a hidden katana that does 87 damage and weighs 3 pounds but isn't unbalanced."

I just want a house. A plain, ordinary, simple, convenient, realistic, well-sited, nicely-built house. That's all.

Though I wouldn't mind a couple of cats........

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After wading through 17 of the 93 pages of house mods here and not finding much of anything, I'm going to appeal to the rest of the board.

I'm looking for a house mod-- not a specific one, just one that suits my needs. All I want is a normal, believeable, realistic house in a nice location outside of any town and with its own map marker. That's all. What I DON'T want is a tower or a castle or a mansion, nor do I want an armorer or a merchant or a trainer or a private army, nor do I want boxes full of uber items or a spellmaking altar or an enchanting altar or an "alchemy lab" (I don't know about anyone else, but I keep all my alchemy apparati and ingredients in one box, take it all out to use it and put it all back when I'm done) or a set of doors to teleport me anywhere in Cyrodiil or some laughable backstory about my great-uncle Wilbur "who dieed n left (me) his kewl house with teh sekrit basment door 2 a manshon with a private army of badass Xivalai and a hidden katana that does 87 damage and weighs 3 pounds but isn't unbalanced."

I just want a house. A plain, ordinary, simple, convenient, realistic, well-sited, nicely-built house. That's all.

Though I wouldn't mind a couple of cats........

You already have one which fits your needs (well, it's not technically your's but...) The Aleswell's Inn near the IC. May not have a couple of cats but two females dunmers that will annoy you likely :)

Adendum: And Yes, you can fast travel to it... have a wonderful 'vista' of the IC and if you have Frostcrag reborn you can ever see it imposing high and absolute in the Jerall Mountains, envy the lucky one that dwells there and have some ubertuber weapons and armors to boot (among others facilities) :D

PS: Suddenly I felt this post may be misunderstood as critical or demeaning instead a simple humorous comment it's intended. Your idea for a simple but elegant house is indeed good and somewhat lacking in the game (outside cities I mean, though I tend to avoid at maximum mods that changes cells for no really good reasons).

Hey.... that's right-- the inn with the sycophantic brother and his two bitter sisters. I actually sort of like the sisters-- there's just something about angry Dunmer women. And they do sort of substitute well for cats.

Bit crowded in there though, but still.......

I'll have to check the CS and see which containers, if any, I own. Probably just one in the room for rent.....

Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for, but it's one I hadn't considered.

Hey.... that's right-- the inn with the sycophantic brother and his two bitter sisters. I actually sort of like the sisters-- there's just something about angry Dunmer women. And they do sort of substitute well for cats.

Bit crowded in there though, but still.......

I'll have to check the CS and see which containers, if any, I own. Probably just one in the room for rent.....

Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for, but it's one I hadn't considered.

I did fear my post being misunderstood and edited it to state I was pretending just doing some humorous comment (or so I thought :) ). Indeed that idea of yours is good and you could even elaborate, telling someplace you deems ideal and why.

PS: that 'room' at aleswell is technically yours, the container there is safe and you'll never need to pay for it (if I recall correctly, long time ago I did the quest)

i hadnt thought about using that place either, might have to go into the CS and change some ownership settings, maybe turn off respawning on any chests or drop in some new ones and turn off some npcs

<.<

>.>

maybe give myself that harem that gpstr1 turned down :P

100_Anvil Cottage might be what you're looking for..

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13947

THis does have an alchemy lab but you can ignore that. It's just a nice little roadside cottage north of Anvil, with a garden.

Well.... it's not bad. Close at least to what I was thinking of, though it has a few problems. But now that I've moved the house out of the way long enough to get the key out from inside the front step, I guess I'll keep it and maybe someday fix that hole in the fireplace. And, as I think about it, I might even be able to sell the set of portable exclamation points that came with it......

Thanks for the heads-up-- it's a nice house, all in all.

Why don't you choose the home you want and then use Advanced Mark and Recall?

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10985

There are plenty of non uber homes, but few of them have a recall.

This is one that does, is nice and not very uber.. it has an ingredient sorter and an indoor garden but besides those it's only a humble priory style house with one bedroom, and a pretty yard. I actually furnished mine with stuff I bought from the Imperial furniture store.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20400

About those exclamation points in your cottage:

2. The portable campsite mod was only half-included in this; the plugin files were merged, but the resources and textures were not. If you actually plan on using that stuff, I recommend you get the original portable campsite mod so you don't have giant ! or WTF symbols etc.

Cropsford Cottage

It's not outside of a city, but in a village...

:P

Try it!

(It's my mod)

:D

Ummmm.... no.

Just because of the linkbucks spam link.

Sorry. It looks like it might be a nice house, and I like Cropsford and all, but I have absolutely no patience for spam and no use for those who post it.

Thanks though, I guess......