GECK lists are empty

vanitusgamer

http://i.imgur.com/nqI1wxz.png

It looks like this, nothing in the lists, can't change races, etc. I've tried File > Data and selecting the FalloutNV thing only but that didn;t change anything. Also, it crashes if I try to load something in the Render Window.

Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

This may seem to be stupid, but when you go to File>Data, left double click on FalloutNewVegas, click the "OK" button, that is the result? On my rig, after Fallout loads about 40%, I get the message that the GECK has stopped responding. I just wait a little longer and it will finish loading.

:ninja: by jim

Are you pressing OK after marking it and then letting it load? it takes some time even on a fast PC.

This may seem to be stupid, but when you go to File>Data, left double click on FalloutNewVegas, click the "OK" button, that is the result? On my rig, after Fallout loads about 40%, I get the message that the GECK has stopped responding. I just wait a little longer and it will finish loading.

:ninja: by jim

After selecting only FalloutNV (it has the X next to it, nothing else does) and pressing OK, it seems to load almost instantly. Quick loading bar (loading bar says "Done."), the cursor doesn't show the hourglass, or anything. Regardless, I gave it some time and it still doesn't change.

Edited by vanitusgamer

Then I'm at a loss, when you hit OK it should start loading and as said get stuck for a while and look like its crashed before finally finishing loading, there's nothing instant about it. I honestly don't know, I've never seen anyone mention this problem before. Is it the right GECK? it's not the FO3 one? although I would imagine that would throw up an error.

Again a stupid question. Are you using the proper GECK and is it updated? And is ti installed in the proper location? There are two GECKs. One for Fallout 3 and one for Fallout:New Vegas.

:ninja: Again, jim?

Edited by M48A5