Why Fallout 3 Is Better On The PC

MattJo

The controllers on PS3 and XBOX machines cramp my reason for using them. The tiny controllers make me press my arms against my sides and pinch off the vital flesh relief functions. Keyboard and mouse give my hands better flow control for view control, target tracking, and free up my body to emit the heat properly when I find myself in a fire fight that lasts more than a minute.

Not to be a copy cat but even I prefer mods over DLC restricted types which forced me to use XBOX360 or Games for Windows LIVE. I admit that the link at GFW LIVE showed me they had provided some exclusive mesh and textures that the mods I had gotten added too, but I found myself right back at the G. E. C. K. believing I will do a mod as well as any of the children and adults under my age. I am still determine to finish the one I started on and the one I wrote a story line for too. Even if it takes so long that Fallout 3 players are gone to AION and beyond.

I originally had Fallout 3 on Xbox 360, and got it for PC when I discovered it had a editor like Oblivion. Oblivion was a dream to mod, and seeing as FO3 is my favourite game, I couldn't wait to start creating custom content for it. But yeah, like Oblivion, FO3 is better on the PC. I don't know why, but I've played both Bethesda titles and their both better on PC.

I have it for both the 360 and PC. I bought it for my 360 because I wanted it as soon as I saw the first pre-release commercials on TV. As soon as GECK was released, I upgraded to the PC version ASAP because I was at that time (and still am) a fan of Oblivion and I love mods.

IMO the PC version is better because A) It's not as restricted as the console version; in so many ways, B) because of the ability to mod it and the use of the console and C) because I prefer a mouse+keyboard to a game controller.

This is not to say that the Xbox version is not as good of a game, just that I prefer to play on my PC.

I've had all 3 versions of the game, I bought the xbox one onlaunch day, back then I wast too much into pc gaming and i really loved the game to death ( fan of the originals and also big fan of TES and bethsoft in general) After maybe 6 months I bought a ps3 and after not playing it for the first month I decided to get fallout 3 for it to at least have something to play in there..then I juiced up my rig to insane levels and the first game I decided to get was obviously fallout3 and i must say it is WAY WAY better on the pc.. the reason is simple enough: the mods! there are so many worthy mods out there, some of them are really well done and the experience is just different.

I couldnt agree more with the link provided, its a great game no matter where you play it but for pc is just on a different level..

PC is better, but not for performance. It's laggy on my computer and I have an absolute monster of a rig.

Then something else is wrong. My rig is no "monster" and it runs fine with everything on high @ 1280x1024.

To the poster: It's obvious that any game is better on PC than console. For the games that are better with a game pad, you can just buy one for the PC. Anyone that thinks aiming with a game pad is anything but nonsense can't have a legit opinion on this either.

I never understood how anyone managed to play a first-person shooter with a gamepad, ever.

It's not hard it just takes getting used to (and practice :thumbsup: ). And auto-aim helps. I played COD4, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Killzone... on the PS3 with no problems.

And I with Gnomereguard, the PS3 version is pretty bad, I had and exchanged it for the PC version. Seems to me that the bethesda people simply ported the game from the xbox, making the graphics and frame rates worse.