Weird Oblivion Collections

Argomirr

The jewel basket it almost full now, and sometimes I tip it over and spill it all out on the floor just to look at them.

It is kind of funny you saying you tip the basket over just so you can look at them. Because we all do stuff like that in real life. It never ceases to amaze me that we (at least I do) use games as a way to escape to a different world and to be able to do things that we can in reality only dream of yet it always comes down to little reality checks even in a game. Of course the game has to be really detailed like Oblivion. Could you imagine playing Batman in Arkham Asylum and yelling out "ahh, damnit! Who used all the toilet paper"? Just makes me laugh.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Books, gems, armour", says you. "Fie!!", says I. I had a Skyrim Khajiit, a big white fellow fierce as could be, who collected balls of yarn from every place that he had been and he decorated his bed with them. He was rather proud of his collection, too!!

Rabbit

It is kind of funny you saying you tip the basket over just so you can look at them. Because we all do stuff like that in real life. It never ceases to amaze me that we (at least I do) use games as a way to escape to a different world and to be able to do things that we can in reality only dream of yet it always comes down to little reality checks even in a game.

Er, I don't think I'd consider having a wastebasket filled to the brim with grape-sized precious stones a "reality check." Quite the contrary, the reason I collect them in Oblivion is because I'm not filthy rich enough to do so in real life.

If anything, putting them into the basket is the reality check, because I want to keep them in some kind of container rather then in a pile on the floor.

(Speaking of which, I also have an actual in-game wastebasket that I've been filling with crumbled pieces of paper...)

Baskets, I can't buy them anywhere, and I don't know where to store my scrolls! (Except for in some weird chests etc.)

Personal letters and diaries, because I'm a stalker :P

And clothes, yaaaay! :D

I've recently started a collection of regular and enchanted arrows and lots of books, both skill ones and regular ones. Thank god for crates in the Skingrad house basement, as I'd probably cause my game to crash if I placed everything all over the floor. Either that, or Eyja would be unable to get out of the basement.