Laptop for Oblivion

Germandeathkittiez

I've been looking around, for something not too pricey, not too heavy, of a laptop to bring with me to college. So far I've found a few good ones on the net for under $1,000 that will give me 4 gigs memory and 1 gig dedicated graphics card, without which Oblivion probably won't run that well. But I just want to be sure; would something like this give me enough power to run Oblivion at 30 fps or at least not have so many laggy dips? (I use many mods, too. OOO caves are a real hassle when it comes to lag). I'm not looking for a state-of-the-art gaming comp, cause this is just a laptop and pcs are much better for that sort of thing. So... what do you recommend for about $1,000 total budget?

I use the Asus G50vt-X5 and it runs oblivion very well. This is with Qarl's texture pack, and a full LOD replacement. I get very occasional hiccups, but it's never bad. Probably on average 30-40 fps. Specs are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P7450 @ 2.13GH/z

GPU: nVidia GeForce 9800m GS 512MB

HDD: 320GB 7,200RPM

RAM: 4GB 800MH/z DDR2

Res: 1366x768

Cost $900 at Best Buy

I highly recommend it.

if you look at my spec in my profile mine runs great on a very high setting with over 200 mods and the only crash i get is when i quit the game sometimes , damn memoy leak............ have a a avg f-rate of over 50 !!! and my card is old now as well its all about drivers :)

if you want somthing that will last and play games pretty well yea go with an asus, but if you want something that will kick the hell out of any other laptop, go ahead and drop 1800, for the m-17x, which in my opinion you are paying alot for extra un-need features, that and the alienware name.

This laptop

From dell is a pretty safe bet.

and this one

From cyber power is cheaper, also if your carefull with the customization options you can get a pretty sweet lappy for dirt cheap ( in retrospect )

Edit: and to help you out these are the recommended ( not minimum ) system specs for oblivion =

3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

1 GB System RAM

ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

seriously on the specs your after ( 1gb v.card mem + 4gb ram ) your talking crysis on med. but saying that it depends on your mods as well, if your going to go all out HD mods on everything then yeah, maybe your first guest-imation was correct.