Easiest way to become vampire early in the game

shadyhasankhan

Hi, guys a newbie here

What do you think is the easiest way to become a vampire, early in oblivion.

My guess is take the mission of the grey prince from arena.

Go to find his legacy and let the vapires hit you one or twice ... *presto* u catch the bug. No need for any cheat isn't. :thumbsup:

Hi, guys a newbie here

What do you think is the easiest way to become a vampire, early in oblivion.

My guess is take the mission of the grey prince from arena.

Go to find his legacy and let the vapires hit you one or twice ... *presto* u catch the bug. No need for any cheat isn't. :thumbsup:

For a bit more immersion I like to use a mod called The Count's Gift. It unlocks some hidden content in the game, allowing the count of Skingrad to make you a vampire as a reward for the vampire cure quest (and unlocks that quest to be done by non vampires). Bethesda must have originally intended for him to make the offer, as it's fully voiced by the original voice actor.

Dark Brotherhood questline is the way I usually get it. I always end up doing those quests anyway, might as well accept! Only downside is if you don't want to actually join the DB (murder, infamy and all that.)

I suppose you could always punch a certain Count in the face and let him gnaw on you for a while 'til you catch it.

Barren Cave (west of Cheydinhal and north of the Blue Road-- the path to it is even marked on the map) has vampires in it from the very beginning of the game.

I'm sure there are others, but that's the most convenient one I know of.

coc testinghall, look for the room that has the 3 gravesotes & the 'victim', and click on the appropiate gravestone. Then follow the instructions. This is cheating though :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
Everything suggested is very good, there is one option not mentioned, however. That is the "Alternate Start: Shipboard " mod. This mod gives you the option of starting the game as a vampire...although I have to say I haven't tried it. I may be wrong. The mod actually offers a choice of several "starting" diseases... including vampirism?! Of course you could simply play a vampire character class.