Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

Very nice, I'm looking forward to the release.

Two things which I think would be cool (not sure if they're planned or implemented)

1) two-handed spear animations for larger spears and pole-arms/halberds

2) some longer spears, I'd love to wield a spear as tall as, or taller than my char.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys :smile:

I was watching 300 earlier. And I thought it might be cool if you could hold your shield up and then stab over the top of it with a spear. I was thinking that I could replace the shield bash with this, but I don't want to risk making combat boring by removing the shield bash feature in spear combat. What do you guys think?

Edited by Soolie

The animation looks great! A critical hit, indeed. I must agree with the masses on the subject of two handed, blades would bring about far greater immersion than staves simply due to armor and dragon scales being the likely targets.

Don't forget hunting wild boar! :)

I was watching 300 earlier. And I thought it might be cool if you could hold your shield up and then stab over the top of it with a spear. I was thinking that I could replace the shield bash with this, but I don't want to risk making combat boring by removing the shield bash feature in spear combat. What do you guys think?

I'd be tempted to message Duke Patrick - he's may have actually used spears for re-enactment fights in the SCA or at least probably knows someone who has. Might give you lots of useful, practical, western-style references for use with and without a shield.

I could swear that there is an animation replacer that does that already. Would what you are talking about not be a replacer though? Without seeing a comparison, I would say to keep the current shield bash but I'm not sure.

Can't wait for this! Do the animations work on horseback?

Also, an unrelated question, but to kill to birds with one post: Is there a way I can make the clouds a little more spaced out in your cloud mod? It looks absolutely awesome, but I think it would be nice to have just a little less overcast and a few more clear skies.

Edited by skyvalr

WOOOOH! I fixed a really annoying bug!!! :D

Also since spear combat is based mostly on power attacks, your character and npc's are like "YARRGH" every time they thrust a spear. I've sort of become used to it, but others might find it annoying. Because of this im thinking of removing the voices from the power attacks with relatively simple movements.

Also I need to get some sleep so I'll answer some questions tommorow :)

Just wanted to add my support for this amazing mod.

I, along with many other have been waiting for this for a long time, and unfortunately are not skilled to create it ourselves.

If this is not the hottest mod ever released (once it is of course) then i'll eat my hat, so to speak.

This mod is a breakthrough in skyrim modding and will pave the way for many future mods, the same way the likes of DSpSoB, SKSE, etc. have...

Soolie, you sir, are our hero...

PS: oh and i'll be endorsing / marrying you / creepily pretending to be your best friend once this is complete :laugh: