ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

Hey guys :smile:

I was watching 300 earlier. And I thought it might be cool if you could hold your shield up and then stab over the top of it with a spear. I was thinking that I could replace the shield bash with this, but I don't want to risk making combat boring by removing the shield bash feature in spear combat. What do you guys think?

I'm a big fan of this idea. It would make spear combat more unique and interesting. I don't know if it's possible, but if you want to keep both animations maybe you can make the normal bash trigger vanilla animation and a power bash (from the Power Bash perk of the Block tree) trigger your custom animation. Or the other way around.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ETA on when this is going to be ready to release/test? I don't want to come off as impatient, but I was thinking of using a mod that makes changes to the 2-handed weapon animations, but then I found this and yours looks to be a much better piece of work. So I may just hold off if it won't be much longer.

Anyhow, just wanted to throw in my support. You're doing God's work here, son.

Hey guys :smile:

I was watching 300 earlier. And I thought it might be cool if you could hold your shield up and then stab over the top of it with a spear. I was thinking that I could replace the shield bash with this, but I don't want to risk making combat boring by removing the shield bash feature in spear combat. What do you guys think?

Although this would be a neat feature, I think that having the spear in the right position adds enough of an effect and the extra work for that particular animation may not be worth it. I also think that having a "true" sheild bash would allow for a more natural follow-up with the weapon, but I am not overly knowledgable on combat styles or anything of the sort :p

Well, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow :( :( :( :(

On the bright side, at least I'll have an excuse to do lots of modding for the next few days :P

Well, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

On the bright side, at least I'll have an excuse to do lots of modding for the next few days :tongue:

I'm getting mine out next month. Enjoy :p

i was actually doing a similar mod but i had made it a lesser power to change animations.. attaching the animation to the weapon seems to be a better choice.. good luck with this and you should contact mr.dave here on the nexus.. he was making custon spears.. and he is very good at what he does

Edited by VasMere

@skyvalr: Unfortunately the spear animations do not work on horseback :(

@glowbow11: No release date yet. But I'll keep you all posted :)

@Mr.Dave: You are now one of my favorite people on the nexus :D Thank you Mr.Dave, Is it alright if I re texture some of the spears a bit to match the style of my mod? :)