Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I just realized that I can have a bash attack when the javelins are equipped. Since the javelins wont be in hand when the bash is performed what do you guys think I should do? I would like to have a kick attack like what is shown in this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44666/? However I could also have any of the hand to hand animations instead. I would prefer to have a kick but I don't want it to seem immersion breaking (eg. players asking why can we kick with javelins but not with any other weapons?)

I would think that the regular shield bash would be good still, in m2tw all my little spear or axe thrower guys have shields, the shield bash would be a good backup attack if the enemy gets too close. Or if you could make that the stab over the shield bash replacer animation would be good too. Just my opinion

Edited by heyiforgot

I also think the regular shield bash would suffice- it seems like a safe and practical option in combat, with a kick being more easily punished. Also I figure if you only weild the javalinn and shield bash then it should be like a cross check much like the bash for battle axes and warhammers.

Also I feel using more vanilla animations means that a playable version is released sooner :p

Oh was that just they way you decided to do it or is it not doable? well either way then maybe if he javelin is long enough you could do the vanilla bash from the big axes and hammers, that would look fine. That mod you posted as an example does look fun and a lot better than I expected but is less realistic than a regular bash in my opinion

*edit* Connection problems, grr, fixed it

Edited by heyiforgot

Oh was that just they way you decided to do it%

The javelins use the same system as the bows, which unfortunately means nothing can be equipped in the left hand while javelins are in use.