Spear and Javelin Mod [WIP]

Soolie

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, does this mean we will see the Spear of Bitter Mercy and the Spear of the Hunter somewhere along the road?

Just wondering is it possible to make the javelins usabe with one or two hands like the spears and/or maybe use the functions from "unlocked grip" to make it seem like you're throwing the spear you were using in mele (without putting your shield away). Perhaps make the javlins able to swap to spear mode and back to javelin mode but not spears.

Maybe make the quiver so you could keep it equipped when using your spear in close combat.

Edited by D339F2057

I'm not soolie and I haven't done any sort of complicated modding so take this with a grain of salt- The only way i could think of where that would work is to have a separate Block-bash animation for the javelins. That way it could look like you were stabbing with them when you block/bash an enemy who gets too close but it wouldn't be the same weapon as the spear. I'm just spitballing ideas here.

i just had a mini-heart attack...great job i am speechless..i cant believe we are finally be able to use spears...cant wait for this mod

Hi there,
I am working on an incoming mod named "Pyandonean Islands" which will be hosted at DarkCreation along with "Beyond Skyrim" mod.
Real life took me away from this project for a few monthes but I am back now :
I can see a lot of progresses have been done by some modders since then !

So, congratulations, Soolie for your amazing work !
...I did my own tries with .hkx, last year, but my version of the behaviour havok tool was not the right one and it was really painful so I designed many of the features I wanted with papyrus/skse only.

Now I'm back, one of the thing I absolutely wanted for my Pyandonean gameplay was the ability, yes, to use spears and javelins :
These people are wild elvens with jump and aquatic abilities and, obviously, spears would just fit great the environment I am working on.
What you've done so far is very impressive ( and may fit any environment, but still, mine would really take much benefits from such a feature ! )
...And I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do something as good as what you did - especially with all the other stuff I have still to manage for Pyandonean Islands.

...This is why I came here with in mind to discuss with you about the eventuality of some 'partnership' :
Sadly, at this point I have not much to offer, as I am just starting working on my weapons sets, however I plan to make a full set of Pyandonean weapons, including spears.
As you may have confirmation in having a look at the links I share at the bottom of this post, this will not be my first attempt at making 3D models and then, I hope these might be interesting stuff.
So, my question is : Do you think, if I am finally able to release my own mod, a version of your own game mechanics could be packaged with it at some point, to allow the use of spears on Pyandonean Islands ?
In the mean time, my spears ( I will have finished long before my whole full mod itself, which, I guess, will be also long after your own mod release... ) would be yours.

Last year I designed "underwater combats" with SKSE Papyrus, and I am currently expecting some answers from Zartar ( Character Behviours Enhanced ) about his own work about the same feature :
Once his job will be modder resource, I have to know if I should swap mine with his or not ( argh, I spent so many time with Papyrus to make mine !!! )
The thing is : If you might find some agreement with me, I am affraid what you've done so far, both of you, won't be compatible with FNIS - patching behaviour files.
...And I am currently using FNIS for a few things ; maybe more soon.
Before seeing your awesome work I thought about using FNIS for my own spear system... Now, I am unsure : You did so great.

Please, Soolie, would you mind consider such a deal ?

P.S. Here, some dev video links about what I've done so far on my side :

Underwater Combats (SKSE) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLoMuV5aJI

Sprinted Jumps (SKSE) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53BQPO6GqxA

Snakes and charming (SKSE + FNIS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPG5B3WiSJ8

Edited by dZastreux