Video Card help

RyanLP

Does anybody know if I can download anything to get around the Vertex shader or the HW Transform & Lightening? The problem is that I can't run Fallout 3 on my computer because those two parts of my video card fall under the requirements, everything else is fine though. I'm a little upset because The "Can You Run It?" link I used recommended I buy a $150 graphics card, but I feel like there's something else I can do considering how the other aspects of my video card fit the requirements. Well, if anyone has any suggestions, please fill me in. And if you have a better, less expensive, graphics card then it'd be great if you could let me know.

By the way, I'm using an XP.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150416 $20 more but a better card, 1gb of memory too which really helps with the way Fallout chews through it. As uraniumjoint says you need to find out what type of card your board will take, if it's old it may well be AGP or god forbid PCI. PCI-E is preferable.

Wow, you guys just saved me on that one. I'm sorry, I have no clue about anything involving computers that's this like... intense. I'm new to gaming on the computer, so please bear with me for now.

So what do I do to figure out what kind of graphics card it will take?

I've got an intel core 2 duo processor and my computer is a dell optiplex 745 (whatever that is...)

Right now I'm using a GMA 3000 (which sucks) and I think it's integrated. Not sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's a bad thing.

Wow, you guys just saved me on that one. I'm sorry, I have no clue about anything involving computers that's this like... intense. I'm new to gaming on the computer, so please bear with me for now.

So what do I do to figure out what kind of graphics card it will take?

I've got an intel core 2 duo processor and my computer is a dell optiplex 745 (whatever that is...)

Right now I'm using a GMA 3000 (which sucks) and I think it's integrated. Not sure what that means, but I'm pretty sure it's a bad thing.

This? http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfb/desktops/opt...cs=28&s=dfb

Click on Tech Specs and go about half way down the page, which one of those is it?