AI Package problems.

steelplate

Hey gang, me again.

Hopefully I'm not just being stupid this time, but I was hoping ya'll could help me out again. I've made it past the hard phase of getting the dialouge to all work. I've got two brothers living apart from one another, with the quest being that I inform one of the others location and thus reap the benefits of one opening his Unique Weapons Shop and the other becoming a Follower. So far, that stuff works and works great (except it's done with Script variables and not Quest ones which I can't seem to make work because I'm obviously mentally challenged).

Anyways I'm having a few problems with the Shop Brother. I've given him a sandbox package to just potter around in his Cell with the Near Editor Location selected. Got him set to wander around his shop doing %&$! all until I arrive (for now). All that seems to happen though is he smokes and stands on the Door Marker location in the Interior Cell. Real pain in the arse. Can't understand why it ain't working as I've set all the conditions correct and I've placed him a "non-problematic" location in a nice open area of his Underground HQ.

The other problem I'm having is with triggering him to activate a specific package. I know precisely %&$! about scripting and programming so I'm almost certainly not doing what I need to be doing, but in anycase, I got this idea from seeing one character blow anothers head off when you freed them of their duties. It happened after a dialouge sequence went down. Examining the sequence in the G.E.C.K. has provided little to know help because I don't know what I'm looking at. Anyways, what I'm trying to do is have the Player make a wrong dialouge choice and piss off the Shop Brother, setting him to an enemy (aka Very Aggressive). Is there a way to do that?

Finally, I'm trying to setup some behaviours that will have my Shop Brother doing PushUps in the morning from 5 til 7. I've set it all up, got it all to be what it's supposed to, but I can't link to the PushUp object without it being in a Cell. Addmittedly I haven't looked too much into this yet, but is there some way to set a Cell around an exterior area in the Wilderness?

Thanks for you time, appreciate any help you can offer.

Okay so I'm still officially a dumbass, but for anyone of you out there that may find this probelm. If you have a line of dialogue you want to piss off an NPC with to get them to attack you, you just need to find the line of dialogue you're going to say and add in the ResultScript section "SendAssaultAlarm [ActorREF]" where [ActorREF] is the obvious.

Still trying to nut out the other problems. Oddly enough with little replies, you're actually being a great help :)

Okay so I'm still officially a dumbass, but for anyone of you out there that may find this probelm. If you have a line of dialogue you want to piss off an NPC with to get them to attack you, you just need to find the line of dialogue you're going to say and add in the ResultScript section "SendAssaultAlarm [ActorREF]" where [ActorREF] is the obvious.

Still trying to nut out the other problems. Oddly enough with little replies, you're actually being a great help :)

Quest variable are useful because they can store values even between game sessions, so they work like global variable but better. To access them you just need to prefix the quest where they appears (yes, you need a 'quest script' to use them).

Ex: Set MyQuest.MyQuestVariable to 0

The first (lefter the dot) is the quest whose script the variables were defined, the second is the variable name defined in the it. Quest variables can be accessed from any script in the mod just keeping that format above. They can be accessed even if the original quest already terminated.

But you should use them only for values you need to access from several different scripts or to conserve values after you quit and reload the game.

The other features you'll figure out quickly and the issues may just be related to local variables not retaining values...

So basically what you're saying is that with a QuestVariable, you can have the various actors accessing/effecting the same values. As opposed to having multiple script sequences laid out like I've pretty much got now. Makes sense, cheers Nosisab.

Current update, I've filled out things more but it's looking rough. Haven't made much if any progress since I posted hours ago except I have managed to sort of figure out the whole ordering system the packages run off. Still, figured it out and knowing what I just figured out is two different things :S

Help still needed.

If you set an assault alarm then you may get more than the one NPC attacking you.

If you create a faction for your NPC and make him the only member of the faction, you could add a line to the result script of a line of dialogue that includes something like:

SetEnemy NPCFaction PlayerFaction

NPC.StartCombat Player

That might get him to attack you.

The SendAlarm seems to work fine, I simply trigger it on the end Result Script of the particular line of dialogue. I call him a ballerina and he gets all pissed, ends the conversation and pulls out his weapon. Works a treat with minimal extras like setting up factions and the like.

Could def works the way you've set it though, will probably use that method for when the brothers have been reunited and I've attacked one, pissing off the other when I see him next.

Cheers :)

Okay, further success and further proof I really need to exhaust all my options before jumping on and wasting anyones time here.

I've successfully got my packages and everything working, turns out that the cell I originally copied but have since drastically changed was interfering with my current through it's navmesh. I never ever contemplated navmeshes and all that stuff. Now that I've decided not to be stupid, I've deleted the old navmesh, created a new one and since tweaked it to fit my cell.

All is well, now to just try and get the exterior Wilderness cell stuff working.