Games youd play for Story alone

Miriped

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Elder Scroll games, GTA 3, 4 and 5,

Legend of Zelda..( 3 of them: the 2 first games and twilight princess)

- i haven't played Dark Souls yet.. but i think i will like it XD

All the Elder Scroll games, GTA 3, 4 and 5,

Legend of Zelda..( 3 of them: the 2 first games and twilight princess)

- i haven't played Dark Souls yet.. but i think i will like it XD

If you like Zelda and want a good story, then I recommend Link´s Awakening on Gameboy. Yeah, I know. The thing is outdated with its monochrome screen but the game has a really good story and of course gameplay :)

katawa shoujo... now unless your 18 don't google it, but the nudity in it is more so for story sake.

Its been my most favorite game apart from mass effect.

• 1 month later...

Many of the arguably "older" games of the 1990's strike me as ones that have great storytelling. I don't know if that is because of the limitations of the graphics at the time, but the stories and game-play mechanics tended to be much more innovative. System Shock 2 comes to mind a lot, as does Resident Evil.

Yeah.. The longest Journey was a great one. I don't think I've ever played a game that intrigued me and sucked me in as much as that one. Along with that I'd have to say the Syberia games were quite excellent. Gabriel Knight series. (I'm one of the few that liked III the best.) As goofy as it sounds it seemed so "Open world" back then.

Gothic 1 and 2.. Really amazing story driven, open world rpg's. Although it's open world, the story is the driving force. You aren't leveling to level, there's not a lot of grinding that needs to be done. You're following the story and having a great time along the way. Obviously the worlds are much smaller than today's rpg's but there's plenty of exploration and discovery in them as well. Just really incredible games. What I think is the most amazing is it came out half a year before Morrowind and is fully voiced. Pretty darn impressive for the time. I remember that IGN initially had it scored as 3.8. They hated it and it constantly got compared to Morrowind. (i think it released later than morrowind in the u.s.) It's now an 8.6.

Edited by vyvexthorne

Above all for me would be Knights of the Old Republic. As a console gamer, I will not say pleb, I played it on Xbox and was so impressed I now play it at least once a year as a ritual of sorts. The galaxy map in KotOR was the basis for what became Mass Effect. Which would be my next game, it was just beautiful. Sure the endings weren't great, but often the journey to the end is the best part in games as the end can be so hard to get right.

You could truly fall into kotor. Certain dialogue, I'm thinking of Jolee or HK-47, could just bring it all together in an instant.

Whoever mentioned "whack a mole" combat must've wasted his time on a soldier. Though I built one to get the achievements that had in game application for new characters. I liken that sort of critique to people who say Witcher 2 and 3 have a "clunky" combat system...funny cause that just means they are bad at it or don't diversify their methods of approach.

Hate to advertise but if anyone liked KotOR there is currently and UE4 remake being made that will be available for free. If ever it gets finished. They need texture modellers and artists.

It's called Apeiron, and the Twitter feed gives me a lot of hope.

• 1 month later...