Dual Sheath Redux: No left sword on back

arborist1212

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem. I was using 2 daggers (but it affected all types of weapons), but when sheated only one of them was visible. I tried many things and nothing worked. But in the end I solved the problem.

I accidently downloaded SKSE version 1.7.2 (newest version), but most of the mods are using SKSE version 1.7.1, because 1.7.2 isn't completly finished. So if you have the same problem, first make sure you have SKSE version 1.7.1 (at least until they update mods to be compatible with 1.7.2) and no version 1.7.2. If you have SKSE version 1.7.1 problem will be elsewhere and I can't help you there, but if you have 1.7.2 just download older version and overwrite everything (and also create new shortcut with new version).

In short:

You have to have SKSE version 1.7.1 and no other !

PS: If your left weapon is upside-down just run FNIS and tick Arm / Weapon Fix, update it, try to Patch DSR and it should be fine :smile: Hope it'll help

Edited by Nymuenka

I am having this issue as well. My off hand (dual wielded) weapon is not appearing when sheath, the animation works, the main hand appears, but the off hand weapon is just going invisible. Here is a video showing my issue.

http://i.gyazo.com/fb1634162fdad945a3dcc2a19e012e20.mp4

You'll need left hand meshes and sheath meshes for your weapons in order for DSR to work properly.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this is like 3 yrs late but im trying your fix and i cant seem to find out why a vanilla sword will appear on left side, but an immersive weapon doesnt... i have it patched with DSR too, with the java patcher and everything

• 10 months later...

When using DSR, my left hand sword wont show up on my back. My character makes the animation as if sheathing dual swords on his back, but my left handed weapon (and only left handed) disappears when it should appear on my back. The right handed weapon shows up on my back just fine.

I use immersive weapons, but no matter what sword i put in my right or left hand, the left never shows up on my back, immersive or vanilla.

I also use better shaped weapons, maybe that has something to do with it? Although i doubt it considering it wouldn't affect any weapons from immersive weapons, the mod that my two main swords come from.

I downloaded and installed XPMS and Immersive Animations before DSR,

I have selected only ONE sword animation from IA.

I have SkyUI and SKSE

I successfully ran the Dual Sheath Redux Patch.jar with no issues

PLEASE shed some light on the situation if you can. I've spent hours trying to figure this out on my own but I just don't have a deep enough understanding of these sorts of things and i'm tired of pulling my hair out over it.

Well..... run the fnis generator thing again.... WORKED FOR ME LEGIT 100%

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope the thread isn't dead.

Vanilla swords work fine, both weapons show on the back, and with the daggers, everything works fine.

However, I'm using the DMC 3 & 4 Weapons mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/6290 and for that mod, none of the one-handed weapons that I equip in my left hand show on the back. I've reinstalled the mod, installed with both NMM and manual, and I even looked around in the Creation Kit to see if there's a problem with the swords themselves (since vanilla swords work fine, I don't have any other modded one-hand swords besides the ones in the DMC pack) and still with no luck.

Does anybody know of a specific set of things I need to modify for modded weapons that aren't included in the Dual Sheath Redux folders, or should I try contacting the modder and see if he can patch in the DMC weapons somehow?

Thank you, in advance! :D

• 1 year later...

Same problem. Here is how I fixed it for anyone in the future:

It turned out to be a certain "devious" mod from a certain other site that I won't mention here, that competed for the biped 60 slot. I will include everything I did below in case anyone is having trouble, I basically troubleshooted -everything- before figuring it out, which makes me feel silly.

If you want to check if you have an invisible item equipped to slot 60, go in game and do player.showinventory. If you are just starting out, you'll see prisoner clothes/shoes with the suffix - Worn, but in my case there was a third, unlisted item with a code that led me to the conflicting mod. I then did player.removeallitems and from that point on dual sheath worked.

----

Thanks, years after this post, this info is still useful and lead me to the solution! :thumbsup: Although I have an additional tip: instead of using player.removeallitems which indeed deletes all items of the player, you'd better use player.unequipall. For me it had the same effect, allowing the left sword to be displayed correctly without deleting all items. :wink: