Is MORROWIND calling to you while playing new games?

Deleted54170User

1. Have you returned after exploring other realms, Fallout 3; or others outside of Bethesdas' list?

2. What attraction from playing MORROWIND has drawn your attention back to it after you have played newer games?

Update September 5, 2009:

If Morrowind were a wizards pipe I would fill it occasionally and puff until the cloud of its smoke raised the vision of it so I could see it through the fog. Half expecting myself to walk through on to the street so I could walk along until reaching a meeting place and visit all of you at one of the taverns as if we were old friends.

I felt like it was a place familiar like a place that could be called home too.

I could finish it. With all the mods I've downloaded for it I could find reason enough to play the game for an hour every once in awhile.

Where else can I learn to levitate? I kept writing notes in the handy mod for the advanced Journal and occasioned to make the mistake of calling levitation, "Elevating". lol

Nope =P

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Morrowind. In many aspects, I think it was by far better than Oblivion (Aside from graphics). But.. I did a ton of things there, and I just don't feel the need to play it again unfortunately.

Most of the modding community has moved onto Oblivion anyways, there just isn't a whole lot of new stuff flowing into Morrowind to keep it fresh anymore. =/

Nope =P

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED Morrowind. In many aspects, I think it was by far better than Oblivion (Aside from graphics). But.. I did a ton of things there, and I just don't feel the need to play it again unfortunately.

Most of the modding community has moved onto Oblivion anyways, there just isn't a whole lot of new stuff flowing into Morrowind to keep it fresh anymore. =/

Maybe not on the Nexus, but on other sites the Morrowind modding is still going strong.

I've not yet left Morrowind, so I don't know if it's calling to me.

There could be no TESIV without TESIII. I still play Morrowind and still play around with mods for it. I have a slower computer on which Morrowind runs flawlessly, and every time I enter a melee in Oblivion and the FPS markedly drops I wish that this time around Bethesda had not tried so hard to impress us. There will always be a home for all of us on that island, I believe. I don't smoke a pipe, but I do have fun levitating!

Fog can be raised by heating up water too.

Holding a cup up and watching the steam rise allows us to draw out out creative skill. Occasionally gently blowing on the lines and swirls to erase our mental notes.

I imagine the technique is like doodling, only older in its fashion, and probably born before the scribes scrawled on clay they dug out of the mud for tablets.

Nope =P

Maybe not on the Nexus, but on other sites the Morrowind modding is still going strong.

I've not yet left Morrowind, so I don't know if it's calling to me.

I burnt out a couple of hard drives leaning toward modding for MORROWIND and was getting so caught up in the mod's I was working on, twice in a row, I forgot to save to an external disk and had my work washed away into electrical oblivioin.

Most interesting. My first noted link to other modding communities was via a course on how to mod created by a character known as Grumpy, I think. As I recovered from my losses and got another hard drive up and running I remember his friend and companion giving us the bad news about him. I was just beginning to feel comfortable enough to write to forums back then. The hard drives crashing when they did created suspicions about the Internet.

Grumpys' passing nspired me to study his courses again with more focus and I burnt out another hard drive writing a second mod while I was testing it. Her web site had a memorial to Grumpy on it afterward. At the forum I saw her and her other friends I wrote a passage to the guy in a poetic form I did not realize I had in me until then. I felt for her loss and wrote what I felt. I felt a connection to her feelings almost as if I had known them both for a lifetime.

I think I will go surfing the Internet and see if it is providing a link to one of the active MORROWIND modding sites.

Google phrases like:

"ElricM Morrowind"

"Korana Morrowind"

"Princess Stomper Morrowind"

and you will find sites and links to sites where Morrowind mods are still around. Filefront also still has a large collection of Morrowind downloads. Since I haven't visited recently myself I can't comment on how much new content is on these sites, only that they do still exist. :biggrin: