Fallout3 a boys club, or are girls in too?

FarnsworthZUZU

Gamer genders?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do girls play fallout3?

• No lol, to busy doin girl stuff.
    • yup. probably.
    • im a girl so yeah :D
    • im a boy, i dont think so
    • im a dude, yes they do, i know some who play :)
    • im a girl, but its unlikley that many others play
    • dunno, dont care, must mod, morreee moddds!
    • all of the above :) lul wtf?
    • i has no gender. i is alien, is nice.
    • aw darn you made my game crash :(

Well its kinda funny if you think about it. I have to lock my room if Im not @home. Otherwise my 3 little sisters would barge in, play my games and beat my records. :sweat: And Im playing games all the time.

alot of ladys i know love RPG`s like final fantasy ect, as most rpg`s are about love or helping people they love that, and so do I..............

yeah

i have yet to find an mmorpg that i like as much as fallout.

that kindof addictive.

something futuristic but that is not only an rpg but an fps and simulation with a similar sort of dark/light/karma thing.

fallout would fit that almost but its not futuristic enough, nor is it an mmo.

anyways back on subject. sometimes when im playing games i wonder, is who im talking to really who they say they are. moreover are they really a girl --> fallout, do girls play it.

i dont claim to understand my train of thought, i just claim to try to understand it.

Interesting, especially considering that the game itself is a boys (or mens) club. Over 65% of the raiders and BoS are men, 100% of the living Talons and Enclave soldiers you see are all men (50% of Enclave officers). Super mutants and feral ghouls seem to be manlike (shaped like men), over 65% of random wastelanders, settlers, merchants, and slaves are men. The slavers are roughly 90% men. Among those in a position of authority (or even disputed authority), nearly 95% are men.

I would have thought that most women would be uncomfortable playing a game so overloaded with men, but then honestly I can't play the game unmodded myself. Fixing this inbalance is always the first thing I do.

I would have thought that most women would be uncomfortable playing a game so overloaded with men, but then honestly I can't play the game unmodded myself. Fixing this inbalance is always the first thing I do.

In my opinion,as long as I get to control a female character I don't mind if I play a game with mostly all male characters. What would make me feel uncomfortable is if the game has a bunch of women in skimpy outfits or exaggerated melon boobs,now that'sgeared towards males.

Come to think of it,wouldn't a girl be more likely to play a game with all male characters since they would be nicer to look at in a girl's point of view?

In my opinion,as long as I get to control a female character I don't mind if I play a game with mostly all male characters. What would make me feel uncomfortable is if the game has a bunch of women in skimpy outfits or exaggerated melon boobs,now that'sgeared towards males.

Come to think of it,wouldn't a girl be more likely to play a game with all male characters since they would be nicer to look at in a girl's point of view?

I know that as a guy I would rather play a game that was filled with a ton of hot girls as opposed to a game filled with a bunch of macho army guys...

but then agian, that is obviously not a universal opinion, otherwise we wouldn't have all these games like Gears of War and such...

Interesting, especially considering that the game itself is a boys (or mens) club. Over 65% of the raiders and BoS are men, 100% of the living Talons and Enclave soldiers you see are all men (50% of Enclave officers). Super mutants and feral ghouls seem to be manlike (shaped like men), over 65% of random wastelanders, settlers, merchants, and slaves are men. The slavers are roughly 90% men. Among those in a position of authority (or even disputed authority), nearly 95% are men.

Survival of the fittest, ain't it? :D

My smaller cousin, started playing fallout 3 when I gave it to her for a few minutes on my computer, God... she wouldn't let go and I was inside the TC base, ironically, she ended up killing the Talon boss... :rolleyes:

Now the other cousin of mine, she is busy playing Sims, I have to Admit, I love it too... :whistling: and the Last cousin, playing with Oblivion, not to mention the other cousins... (Surrounded by cousins)

now to the other part, FO3 nexus is about to be Overrun by Female PCs, basically, when I surf through the Latest files list, I see several things the most:

1# MY FIRST GUN MOD! YAY!

2# MY FIRST OVERHAUL MOD! YEEPEEE!

3# (Counter Strike Conversion) a New FNFAL- FAMAS- AK47- AK74-XXX Assault rifle, MADE BY ME!

4# Ghoul recolors... PINK!

and last, but not least, and what there is mostly:

# A HOT XXX Girl! savegame

# Different Hirez Nude skin for XXX Body

# Bikini Armor

#... (2000 other files :D)

It was not like this at first 3 months, but speaking of body modes, there are already 6 female and 2 male mods... not to mention that both male ones are "Incompatible" with vanilla meshes...

yeah, I think more men play Fallout 3, and even more men Mod, and Even more even more men have crashed... to desktop.

speaking of which, I just crashed to desktop... :mellow:

I had to delurk to comment. I'm a girl, and I bought the game. I love sci fi/futuristic RPGs and there aren't enough of them. I also mod my game-- I've made a cool pad in GECK and I also can use Nifskope to add tank tops and pants to mods I like that are too "ooh boobies!" for me. I only like clothing/armor mods that are lore friendly... the Tailor Maid stuff is perfect for my style. All people in my game, men AND women, have their naughty bits because I'm equal opportunity. And I would not say I'm happy to have more men running around the Fallout world because I think we all know Bethesda makes some super unattractive NPCs.

I've been playing Fallout since January and I'm probably still going to be playing it for a long time.