Rational defences... crying out for some mods

evilhippo

Seems that given the horrors of the wastelands, settlement defences are pathetic. There is a good mod that massively increases the defences at the Citadel but this needs to be repeated elsewhere. The survivors of post-Apocalytia should be well armed and obsessed with keeping themselves safe!

Megaton... one lousy sniper and a measly protecton? Gimme a break. The mole rats would have eaten holes in the walls by now :biggrin: At least the chap making the promising looking Megaton Expanded is looking into adding some more exterior defences.

Rivet City... where should be at least a few robot turrets on the ship facing outwards and logically the arrival tower should be a manned fortified tower (sorry but that water begger needs to be moved) given there are super mutants and enclave threats just up the road!

Project Purity... two BOS knights defending it? Last night I saw four Enclave troopers walk in, kill the knight and the scribe and then casually wander off. WTF? Project Purity was theirs for the taking! This should be well defended with at least a full squad of BOS and M.VI turrets behind sandbags absolutely everywhere!

Fort Independence... what a joke... at least there is a great mod dealing with that.

I wish there was some quest to also beef up Big Town's defences after the rescue quest is finished.

At least Paradise Falls and Evergreen Miils are swarming with armed men.

If I was not so utterly useless with the GECK I would do it myself. :whistling:

@evilhippo I agree 100%, i got the feeling that wasteland settlements had never seriously been attacked before. I mean, that one town... if you can call it a town... 4 houses on the bridge... guarded by an old dude with a bolt action rifle. LMAO

@tony LMAO

picture worth 1000 words. mind if i use that pic tony, i think we can stamp it atleast twice a day hehe

@tony LMAO

picture worth 1000 words. mind if i use that pic tony, i think we can stamp it atleast twice a day hehe

The more people that use the images the better, I figured that noobs are generally too lazy to read, so I decided to keep it simple, with a big red arrow...

I have one that points to the Request Section, one that points to the Mod Detective Thread, and one that points to the New To Modding Thread... and suprisingly, I have already had to use all of them...

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6611/25878808.jpg

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/74/eeeeedsfsafas.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8227/erywyewyewx.jpg

when you arnt doing anything just open the geck & fallow the berth tutorials.

do 1 page, save & come back the next day to do the next.

youl find that after the 3rd day youl have most of it covered & will be building away. it looks hard at the begining but really simple when you know how.

@tony LMAO

The more people that use the images the better, I figured that noobs are generally too lazy to read, so I decided to keep it simple, with a big red arrow...

I will resist the urge to say all of what I really think about your reply and content myself with suggesting my post is actually in the right place as I am making an overarching 'design philosophy' point rather than a conventional "please make a mod so I can play as a damaged garden gnome" (or whatever)... i.e this is GENERAL modification talk.

@tony LMAO

I will resist the urge to say all of what I really think about your reply and content myself with suggesting my post is actually in the right place as I am making an overarching 'design philosophy' point rather than a conventional "please make a mod so I can play as a damaged garden gnome" (or whatever)... i.e this is GENERAL modification talk.

Yeah I have to agree with you here. This is more of a general mod discussion if you ask me. I'd be interested in a answer too. The little "town" of 4 houses with only the one old guy defending it was rather funny and strange that they weren't wiped out. The BOS defense isn't horrible, but considering who they are you'd think there should be more...

But... The lack of defenses fits with what i consider one of the larger problems of Fallout 3. There is just not enough people. I mean Megaton is a "big" city and you could count the people there on both your hands... Come on! Its been what? a few hundred years since the little war and although it is a dangerous place I'd think there would be more people (other than raiders, I mean who are they raiding anyway, other than me?).