How Long For The Next TES?

Menace651

Since ESO is run by Zenimax, why cant Bethesda release a TES Game by Next Year aswell if they are ready, why wait till ESO is old news.

More importantly, why is there no news of a New Game from Bethesda, weather its Fallout 4 or any other Game by Bethesda.

Are they Broke or something, why simply cut Skyrim and say they are done with it.

the release of ESO and its succes or more likely failure has absolutely no effect on what bethesda is working on at the moment

development of that mmo was given to another gamestudio zenimax just so that bethesda which is the most succesfull developers studio of this whole group could concentrate on a next gigantic marketing succes

It's all good. Id rather have them take their time, and make their game as good as they possible can get.

I enjoyed Skyrim, and New Vegas, but both could have used some refinement. A few things that could've been fixed if they had a year, or two, longer development time:

Skyrim:

- the magic system was downright terrible. No scaling, the msater spells didn't feel "epic!".

- Archmage, yet NPCs keep telling me to visit the college. I mean.. what?

- Perk system felt unrewarding. You can max everything, yet have no benefit from it?

- Crafting unbalanced and rather poor.

- Unique weapons not really worth their attention. Look at Fallout --> A unique fun is actually unique, and worth more than anything else.

- Unmemorable generic sidequests that sent you do dungeons.

- Storylines were generally very small. You barely entered the college, and you were Archmage, for instance.

- Direct port from Xbox360 to PC. Even with the texture pack: The texture looks bad.

Fallout: New Vegas:

- Ended with a too big "BANG". You barely get to see the final boss before you got to fight him. Could easily have pushed that further down, and make the ending more epic.

- Too much ammo. I for one had way too much sniper ammo in the end.

- To many generic locations with no rewards. I am an explorer, and hate finding an empty location.

- Better travel system. Sure, fast travel is okay. But damn, why can't I repair a broken car, or bike, find some fuel and get some speed?

- Short questlines. Brotherhood of steel ended all of a sudden, then no more mention of them.

So by all means, if they can polish their games, and get rid of that damn static-game engine --> let them take their time.

I'll wait.

Skyrim:

- the magic system was downright terrible. No scaling, the msater spells didn't feel "epic!".

- Archmage, yet NPCs keep telling me to visit the college. I mean.. what?

- Perk system felt unrewarding. You can max everything, yet have no benefit from it?

- Crafting unbalanced and rather poor.

- Unique weapons not really worth their attention. Look at Fallout --> A unique fun is actually unique, and worth more than anything else.

- Unmemorable generic sidequests that sent you do dungeons.

- Storylines were generally very small. You barely entered the college, and you were Archmage, for instance.

- Direct port from Xbox360 to PC. Even with the texture pack: The texture looks bad.

Fallout: New Vegas:

- Ended with a too big "BANG". You barely get to see the final boss before you got to fight him. Could easily have pushed that further down, and make the ending more epic.

- Too much ammo. I for one had way too much sniper ammo in the end.

- To many generic locations with no rewards. I am an explorer, and hate finding an empty location.

- Better travel system. Sure, fast travel is okay. But damn, why can't I repair a broken car, or bike, find some fuel and get some speed?

- Short questlines. Brotherhood of steel ended all of a sudden, then no more mention of them.

i would be very suprised if they NOT fix that in the next TES which i think will be very similair in concept as skyrim

and with the next generation of consoles around the corner wemight even have a more complete vanilla game

Bethesda tends to listen to the fans and tried to improve their game im hope full that by 2017 we will have another one in a thousand games we will keep playing for years

honestly I think we wont hear about Fallout AT ALL for another few months so people buy Elder Scrolls Online. If people knew that the next single player Bethesda game was coming out this year they would probably not buy ESO, Im thinking from a business standpoint, they wouldn't want to kill the hype of their parent companies big game.

I think late summer we get the Fallout 4 announcement and trailer with a release date of Q1/Q2 of 2015

My educated estimate: It takes 4-5 years on average to develop a large scale AAA console/PC game, Skyrim came out in 2011, the next Fallout has probably gone into preproduction around that time with a small team, rest of Bethesda Game Studios staff worked on Skyrim DLC until Dragonborn release (last year) and have now most likely moved to work fulltime on Fallout. It's probably been in full-scale production for around a year and a half now and if my hunch is right it'll release in 1,5 years.

The next TES game likely goes into preproduction when the Fallout release is near. Add another 3-4 years to that and you have TES VI's rough release time.

Edited by nuska

I'll buy the next TES when I don't need to have steam to play it.

Steam isn't terrible, but it updates almost as much as Java on my pc and messes with my save files.

I know I'm in the minority on this but I can't stand the industry move from buying games to leasing them. I may have to stop gaming altogether...