Girl Gamers

Herculine

This thread is slowly curving off-topic but since we are on the curve i figured i'd throw my 3 cents in.

Despite the rules i've seen plently of women serve in combat and on the front. My first commander was a female major in command of our fireteams on the line,with plenty of other women. Also during my last tour i worked for blackwater and i saw more female infantry than i'd think i would ever see under one roof. lastly from both sides of the gun,female snipers are by far the most deadly force to be reckoned with. Served with one,got hit by one,both made an impression on my life.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we leaned off topic?

Well...

I thought the question was: Are girl gamers too sensitive? The question didn't stipulate, (at least to me) under which circumstances, are girl gamers too sensitive. I'm a girl gamer, and I get emotional watching a good movie, for instance or when people try to dictate the focus of an open debate they didn't start...

But if we want to stay strictly within a "video game theme", then in my case, yeah...I get sensitive while playing games. I'm easily annoyed if while playing a poorly constructed game, I die continuously. (due to cheesy deaths, not my own inabilities) Losing in any kind of versus match, pisses me off too...if we want to narrow the debate all the back to the ironing board pic, then no. I'm not offended by mediocre stereotypes. Free speech prevails.

If however, as I was alluding to earlier, I'm under a combat scenario, (whether game or real life) then I'm sensitive to all manner of things...

To comment on Uncle Roe's statement; Sure I know of many woman who served prolific roles in many different factions. I remember reading about a famous Marine sniper, who dueled with a very tactful female sniper, and killed her. Or roles of woman within my old company. (and many other tales) But speaking to my own personal experience in the U.S.M.C., is something only I can do. I know nothing of Blackwater for instance. They're a paramilitary/mercenary group whose methodology I didn't agree with, so I never joined. They could have entire Regiments of female soldiers, for all I know. But in the U.S.M.C., females have diminished roles. Example; there's never been a female Commodone of the Marine Corps probably because most think, we're too sensitive.

But back to games...yeah, I get sensitive sometimes...

I guess what I was really asking was that, if I am offended by that picture, do I have reason to be offended by it or am I just being too sensitive? As a newbie I had actually posted this topic elsewhere originally, and before it got moved many of the responses I was getting were basically telling me not to let it bother me. Hence the phrasing.

Well then to keep it short,your being too sensitive lol. The world is to big for you to be offended by this one thing.sides like i said earlier,there are plenty of kick-ass girl gamers that put that pic to shame. We guys like being guys and in that sense usually don't agree with girls doing things we think only guys should do..but that kind if thinking has faded away among mature minds. The only people that think like this are kids..or adults who never grew up.

Also..considering the majority of members on this forum are gamers with online capablility,..challenge the next guy who shoots his mouth off about being better than one gender and show some skill in a private match..then after he loses,post upload a pic to the forums.. i need new wallpaper.

:thumbsup: You guys are cool. Thanks for letting me run my mouth...

-as a side note, I want to apologize if I've come across as...argumentative. Only now have I read the forum rules, and I think some of things I've said could be perceived as trolling. (didn't even know what that was until a few minutes ago) Thankfully, no one has criticized me so thanks for being understanding. I'm just a passionate person! :D

:thumbsup: You guys are cool. Thanks for letting me run my mouth...

-as a side note, I want to apologize if I've come across as...argumentative. Only now have I read the forum rules, and I think some of things I've said could be perceived as trolling. (didn't even know what that was until a few minutes ago) Thankfully, no one has criticized me so thanks for being understanding. I'm just a passionate person! :D

I was the same way when I first got here too.Live and learn and passion about something is good, yes?

Real combat ? or game combat ?

BOTH!

Game combat, certainly.

Real combat? I haven't met many females who'd be up to the task of humping the baseplate to an 80mm mortar (that means carrying on foot, in addition to one's rucksack... get yer minds out of the gutter), but I've known a fair percentage who were decent shots with a rifle.