Girl Gamers

Herculine

Well actually, I approve this picture, ha !

Why ? Because its based on clichees... and I love clichees. Clichees turn my on. Life would be so boring and complicated if one had a perfect and instant vision of the being your are facing. It so nice to have premade ideas on him/her and having to little by little discover how much he/her is unique and original although he is part, as we all are, of : definitions, categories, concepts, etc.

See, on my right, there's Herculine, a girl gamer that knows much more than I on games, computers, etc, and on my left, my dear sisters, who is the perfect cute no to clever girl, that can barely handle the mouse. Does this make my sister an old-fashioned phallocratic female supporter ? Does this make Herculine the cutting edge of modern women and the representant of women future ? Nope.

So about this picture : its neither true or wrong, its a clichee : full of truth, and full of lies.

And I love clichees.

http://www.curiousromain.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/lg_gd4.jpg

Translated : "Man understand - dirty clothes - machine"

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women can be as good or as bad in combat just like man.

Real combat ? or game combat ?

BOTH!

depends :

Military pilots : equal.

Special Forces : man (exept if the girl is a british SAS, and the man is not :whistling: )

Army : man......women can be as good, but men are stronger, the military equipment are weighty, ext.

The Him...

lol...that is so funny! And yes, so cliche! I love it, because it remind me of my brother. He has to do his own laundry now. And he wines about it, especially after ruining some his white shirts, (they turned pink) and gave them to me. He even offered to pay me to do his stuff. lol...I said, watching you pull pink wife-beaters out of the dryer...priceless... :biggrin:

The Him...

lol...that is so funny! And yes, so cliche! I love it, because it remind me of my brother. He has to do his own laundry now. And he wines about it, especially after ruining some his white shirts, (they turned pink) and gave them to me. He even offered to pay me to do his stuff. lol...I said, watching you pull pink wife-beaters out of the dryer...priceless... :biggrin:

pics...post some pics!!!! :biggrin:

In my opinion men are just afraid of women as they are taking places in society which are rightfully theirs... Most people still have a much narrow minded perspective about a lot of things, but maybe with enough time things can change! :closedeyes:

(Sorry for my short opinion, my I'm not very confortable with english, since it's not my mother language. I do hope I made some point though :P)

In my opinion men are just afraid of women as they are taking places in society which are rightfully theirs... Most people still have a much narrow minded perspective about a lot of things, but maybe with enough time things can change! :closedeyes:

(Sorry for my short opinion, my I'm not very confortable with english, since it's not my mother language. I do hope I made some point though :P)

"Rightfully theirs"?

Like you stated before, that image you first posted reflects a stereotype that women should be at home doing those chores instead of having a job. For instance, job-wise, there are a lot of men that despise the fact that a female co-worker does the job better than him, just because... D: So can be said, in a way, about gaming! A few days ago, I was playing counter-strike and there was a girl on the server too. Everyone kept annoying her and eventually she left, most of the comments being a bit sexual-related.

Male? Female? We're just gamers, is there any diference? Not in my opinion >_>

Like you stated before, that image you first posted reflects a stereotype that women should be at home doing those chores instead of having a job. For instance, job-wise, there are a lot of men that despise the fact that a female co-worker does the job better than him, just because... D: So can be said, in a way, about gaming! A few days ago, I was playing counter-strike and there was a girl on the server too. Everyone kept annoying her and eventually she left, most of the comments being a bit sexual-related.

Male, Female, no difference ? Gamers ?

Now this is where modernity and me just part from one another.

I don't have any moral or philosophical arguments or judgement against this statement.

I only have an aesthetic point of vue. And your point of vue is the path to general boredom and dullness. Come on ! What I love in a women is not what we have in common, but the difference between us, and the fact that I urge for that difference as to complete me. The more she is a contradiction to my personality and way of being, the more I will desire her. I like differences, well to a certain point.

Girls gamers on the forum pop out of the anonymous mass of male forumers. That is just a fact. And weather they like it or not, that makes them a bit unique, and they often recieve a more galant and attentioned treatment. Their presence here is vivid and refreshing, and one is always keen to know their opinion, way of thinking, interests. Of course, if there is no difference between a boy gamer and a girl gamer, then I am all wrong.

Oh my god, I just figured out I might be a Fascist by stating such a thing ! :thumbsup:

The Him...

This is funny. Can you believe that no further then a week ago, as I have moved in my own flat, with a laundry machine :whistling: , I phoned my sister so she could explain me how to use it ?

"

The phone rings :

- Hello ?

- High sis, it's me !

- Oh ! Hello grand brother ! (not a cherokee family just to keep names anonymous :biggrin: )

- Erh... I called because I need you to explain me how to use a laundry machain. I mean explain everything from A to Z.

- (...)

"

A easy real 5 minutes of laughing at me on the phone and a pleasant humiliation as I pretty much looked like that guy on the add as she guided me, except that had a phone in the right hand and was younger and less fit though :biggrin: .

Male, Female, no difference ? Gamers ?

Now this is where modernity and me just part from one another.

I don't have any moral or philosophical arguments or judgement against this statement.

I only have an aesthetic point of vue. And your point of vue is the path to general boredom and dullness. Come on ! What I love in a women is not what we have in common, but the difference between us, and the fact that I urge for that difference as to complete me. The more she is a contradiction to my personality and way of being, the more I will desire her. I like differences, well to a certain point.

Girls gamers on the forum pop out of the anonymous mass of male forumers. That is just a fact. And weather they like it or not, that makes them a bit unique, and they often recieve a more galant and attentioned treatment. Their presence here is vivid and refreshing, and one is always keen to know their opinion, way of thinking, interests. Of course, if there is no difference between a boy gamer and a girl gamer, then I am all wrong.

Oh my god, I just figured out I might be a Fascist by stating such a thing ! :thumbsup:

I have the nack to not explain myself very well x'D I guess I can say that I have a point of view simillar to yours, in what relates to gaming, and perhaps many other things. What I meant by what I said was that we all want to play games, so why does it matter if we are boy or girl, all we want is to have fun :biggrin: