Girl Gamers

Herculine

That can't be good... I hope he didn't take things the wrong way...

Anyway, I don't think girl gamers are sensitive, usually the women who are quite sensitive tend to avoid playing games altogether, thinking it's too "childish" for them. And if girls do, they know games aren't real, and enjoy playing games because it's fun. I am glad to see more and more women get into games, and I don't care if I lose to a girl - I don't care if I win or lose period.

I don't mean to question your sincerity, my friend, but I find it difficult to believe that you're indifferent about winning or losing. Personally, I hate to lose! But thank you for your support. I'm sure my fellow girl gamers (fellow, lol) appreciate having an ally in their corner.

I've been raised to accept outcomes - I accept whether I win or lose. :) And there aren't many men who would admit to being feminist - not in the sense of hating men, but more about equality of the sexes and standing up for women's rights to the same freedoms that men enjoy. So you can rest assured I'll be there to stand up for women and girls.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being here long I've noticed that women are already strongly established in the modding community, in fact some of them are giants here on this forum. But due to the ambiguity of the site you might never known they are female, a testament to our equality perhaps if we are indistinguishable in our deeds. These ladies styles and skill differ from one another as much as one might imagine a man's from a women, further obscuring the line between femininity and masculinity, to a point I find myself rethinking my presupposed ideas on genders and I consider my thoughts western and modern in its regards. So I would lie to you if I said a woman's touch is needed here in the gaming community because I find it almost unrecognizable. The girls here are creating from violent mods to butterflys, prudish outfits to sexy, beauty to vulgarity its a full gambit.

But if I could delve deeper into this subject on gender and leave the realm of gaming, I wonder would anyone agree that man and women are equal but different, and if we are different then do we have roles we better fit than our other halfs? And I don't mean different in any bad way like lacking or inhibited. Are these roles inherent or taught? Children are funny this way young boys will dance and pick flowers, young girls will get into scrapes and chase frogs. Another interesting thought is if these roles exist or existed are they evolving and to what ultimately? I guess these questions are too big to be answered here and now, my whole life could be spent thinking on it, but even if the answer isnt available it adds to my experience.

I would love someday for all women to be treated equally but I say there is nothing wrong with being feminine, this is still a problem I see today it is seen as weak. Girls can be equal but please still be feminine it is not weak, inferior, or shameful. And guys too being sensitive is not weak, if not for love and compassion we would not be here one more single day. It is our strongest human quality. All this I say is my opinion only.

That can't be good... I hope he didn't take things the wrong way...

Anyway, I don't think girl gamers are sensitive, usually the women who are quite sensitive tend to avoid playing games altogether, thinking it's too "childish" for them. And if girls do, they know games aren't real, and enjoy playing games because it's fun. I am glad to see more and more women get into games, and I don't care if I lose to a girl - I don't care if I win or lose period.

I don't mean to question your sincerity, my friend, but I find it difficult to believe that you're indifferent about winning or losing. Personally, I hate to lose! But thank you for your support. I'm sure my fellow girl gamers (fellow, lol) appreciate having an ally in their corner.

I've been raised to accept outcomes - I accept whether I win or lose. :) And there aren't many men who would admit to being feminist - not in the sense of hating men, but more about equality of the sexes and standing up for women's rights to the same freedoms that men enjoy. So you can rest assured I'll be there to stand up for women and girls.

Same here, it's not that I enjoy losing, I do my best but if I lose if given a chance I'll congratulate the Victor.

& I believe in equality as well, I would gladly stand in that corner.

Not being here long I've noticed that women are already strongly established in the modding community, in fact some of them are giants here on this forum. But due to the ambiguity of the site you might never known they are female, a testament to our equality perhaps if we are indistinguishable in our deeds. These ladies styles and skill differ from one another as much as one might imagine a man's from a women, further obscuring the line between femininity and masculinity, to a point I find myself rethinking my presupposed ideas on genders and I consider my thoughts western and modern in its regards. So I would lie to you if I said a woman's touch is needed here in the gaming community because I find it almost unrecognizable. The girls here are creating from violent mods to butterflys, prudish outfits to sexy, beauty to vulgarity its a full gambit.

But if I could delve deeper into this subject on gender and leave the realm of gaming, I wonder would anyone agree that man and women are equal but different, and if we are different then do we have roles we better fit than our other halfs? And I don't mean different in any bad way like lacking or inhibited. Are these roles inherent or taught? Children are funny this way young boys will dance and pick flowers, young girls will get into scrapes and chase frogs. Another interesting thought is if these roles exist or existed are they evolving and to what ultimately? I guess these questions are too big to be answered here and now, my whole life could be spent thinking on it, but even if the answer isnt available it adds to my experience.

I would love someday for all women to be treated equally but I say there is nothing wrong with being feminine, this is still a problem I see today it is seen as weak. Girls can be equal but please still be feminine it is not weak, inferior, or shameful. And guys too being sensitive is not weak, if not for love and compassion we would not be here one more single day. It is our strongest human quality. All this I say is my opinion only.

Interesting post !

I would love someday for all women to be treated equally but I say there is nothing wrong with being feminine, this is still a problem I see today it is seen as weak. Girls can be equal but please still be feminine it is not weak, inferior, or shameful

I love your whole reply but copied this. All I want is equality. And I love being female and I play my femininity to the hilt! For both sexes!

...young girls will get into scrapes and chase frogs.

Toads actually. Okay, and bees and serpents and iguanas; but, I'm much better now. See?

*Pats toad on the head lovingly..

My Great Grand-Mum rode horses, outlived two husbands, and was generally a great go. She and I were chums. As a child my Grand-Mum thought nothing better than fighting down every boy in her circle. And if none were available, she made do with her younger brother. They were as wild a pair as anything, but fiercely loyal to each other and best of friends. My own Parent is a feminist and would argue that the female of the sexes is superior. She cites the reproductive differences of women as evidence of a more complex or sophisticated biology. Sadly, I doubt she's thrown a fist in her life. And, me, well I'll bite you for the sheer pleasure of it.

We can look at societies where women are granted less access to education, political or economic participation, or religious freedom (was that the right word..mm) to see how heavily their roles are influenced by societal factors. And look no further than western societies as the first place to observe these issues. Be it violence perpetrated against female students in reprisal for their scholastic achievements and representation (Canada), a settled class action suit against Wal-Mart by its female employess seeking a fair Wage and Hour policy(U.S.), or challenges to the Irish abortion law a case can be made.

However, the lesson I have taken from the women in my family is to just get on with life. They each in turn found ways to push the envelope of what was expected or permitted in their day. And me, well I am myself.

-Kitten

...young girls will get into scrapes and chase frogs.

Toads actually. Okay, and bees and serpents and iguanas; but, I'm much better now. See?

*Pats toad on the head lovingly..

My Great Grand-Mum rode horses, outlived two husbands, and was generally a great go. She and I were chums. As a child my Grand-Mum thought nothing better than fighting down every boy in her circle. And if none were available, she made do with her younger brother. They were as wild a pair as anything, but fiercely loyal to each other and best of friends. My own Parent is a feminist and would argue that the female of the sexes is superior. She cites the reproductive differences of women as evidence of a more complex or sophisticated biology. Sadly, I doubt she's thrown a fist in her life. And, me, well I'll bite you for the sheer pleasure of it.

We can look at societies where women are granted less access to education, political or economic participation, or religious freedom (was that the right word..mm) to see how heavily their roles are influenced by societal factors. And look no further than western societies as the first place to observe these issues. Be it violence perpetrated against female students in reprisal for their scholastic achievements and representation (Canada), a settled class action suit against Wal-Mart by its female employess seeking a fair Wage and Hour policy(U.S.), or challenges to the Irish abortion law a case can be made.

However, the lesson I have taken from the women in my family is to just get on with life. They each in turn found ways to push the envelope of what was expected or permitted in their day. And me, well I am myself.

-Kitten

Well said!

I would love someday for all women to be treated equally but I say there is nothing wrong with being feminine, this is still a problem I see today it is seen as weak. Girls can be equal but please still be feminine it is not weak, inferior, or shameful

I love your whole reply but copied this. All I want is equality. And I love being female and I play my femininity to the hilt! For both sexes!

I love your words, you're both quite right and you talk sense with mature reflexion, showing us the good way of life.

-Kitten

Of course, we, men and women, or women and men -I personally never make sexual or social discrimination- are both different beings by nature, and those potential differences make life going much better when they are the counterparts of both in sexual and/or social ways.

So we must live our gender at the top of it, to the best we can, and accept our differences, even if we are straight, homo, lesbian or transsexual.

I sincerely think that men or women, gender merged, neither of them are the best one. We are equals and unique simply because we are living together on Earth, both genders, and we have to share life, and love, all the way, and it's the same matter for things surrounding us.

Sure as hell, if we only accept this, then we are able to live together in harmony, men and women, in our daily life, it's as quite simple as that...

I love your words, you're both quite right and you talk sense with mature reflexion, showing us the good way of life.

-Kitten

Of course, we, men and women, or women and men -I personally never make sexual or social discrimination- are both different beings by nature, and those potential differences make life going much better when they are the counterparts of both in sexual and/or social ways.

So we must live our gender at the top of it, to the best we can, and accept our differences, even if we are homo, lesbian or transsexual.

I sincerely think that men or women, gender merged, neither of them are the best one. We are equals and unique simply because we are living together on Earth, both genders, and we have to share life, and love, all the way, and it's the same matter for things surrounding us.

Sure as hell, if we only accept this, then we are able to live together in harmony, men and women, in our daily life, it's as quite simple as that...

wise,sincere,thoughtful and to the point.I wish there were more men like you that think as you do.

-Kitten

So we must live our gender at the top of it, to the best we can, and accept our differences, even if we are homo, lesbian or transsexual.

wise,sincere,thoughtful and to the point.I wish there were more men like you that think as you do.

DITTO!