Girl Gamers

Herculine

I think that's funny, because I'm not a domesticated women. When I was married I was the one with the "Y" chromosome in the relationship. For example: I'm most likely to turn over and fall asleep after a romp in the bedroom instead of cuddling.

There will always be jokes going back and forth about the sexes. It has been since the beginning of time, and will always continue.

I do believe that the gap on what the roles are for a man and a women is getting smaller. It's very common now that household work is shared.

Honestly, nothing sexier then a man doing some ironing. :woot:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, before you read this I must confess that I made it to page 7 and then skipped to the last page. So if I say something that has already been said then… my apologies. I also meant to post this when I first saw it around the 20th of October but…

This post might be going off tangent but then the original question has been lost anyway. For me there was a certain evolution to my gaming. I went from wanting everyone to know that I was a girl and rub it in their faces they just got their butts handed to them by a girl to not wanting anyone to know to just not caring anymore. It might be a maturity issue (not associated with age) or it might be that little bit of ego that lives within all living things, or it might be the need to prove to yourself and others that you can be formidable or it simply might be the devils advocate syndrome.

When I started playing I played UT (Unreal Tournament) and was ranked as one of the best snipers. Everything was great until people realized what you were. In my gaming I found that being a female has advantages and drawbacks, which act as checks, and balances to each other. For example in COD4 (which I currently play) if I have been playing in a server where nobody knows my gender I get high fives for my scores and accomplishments. If I happen to be in a server where people know I am a girl but do not know what I am capable of I either get hunted down relentlessly or people type stupid stuff in game because they are getting slotted by me. The opposite of this is when they underestimate me as a player and I get an even higher score because they are expecting me to play a certain way. Take into consideration I am talking about pub servers not servers I normally play on with friends.

Pertaining to the original question: “Should I be offended by this, or am I just a big crybaby?” I think you should “be” whatever you are going to “be”, about it. And if you do not like what that “be” is, then you examine the situation and determine why you feel the way you do and then either accept yourself and how and why you feel that way or change and adapt to the situation. There are no set rules in life, you do what you are going to do, act how you are going to act and become what you want to become! You just have to be ready to take responsibility for your actions and words.

“There is a little bit of truth in everything somebody says”-Me

Pertaining to the original question: “Should I be offended by this, or am I just a big crybaby?” I think you should “be” whatever you are going to “be”, about it. And if you do not like what that “be” is, then you examine the situation and determine why you feel the way you do and then either accept yourself and how and why you feel that way or change and adapt to the situation. There are no set rules in life, you do what you are going to do, act how you are going to act and become what you want to become! You just have to be ready to take responsibility for your actions and words.

These are indeed words of wisdom. In response to a comment like: "Whatshisname made me angry," a counselor once told me: "No one can MAKE you feel anything but YOU". I've since learned that this is very true. I have to be honest, I posted this pic in the Debates section to start a debate (imagine that...) because I wanted to hear the opinions of others and get a feel for the community of which I was becoming a new member. Again I thank you ALL for your input and I hope to hear from others who have not yet posted in this thread! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Herculine, I know these two twins that are girl gamers. One is really good at CoD and the other is killer at Halo 3.

My buddy josh was giving one of the twins are hard time about being a girl gamer (only joking of course because where all good friends).

He said "Hey why are girls so bad at Halo 3? Doesnt matter theres no Xbox in the kitchen" hahahahahahahahahaha

I was on the ground aftr that one hahaha.

Honestly I have no problem with girl gamers, lol Ive been beat my plenty of them haha. More power to ya :thumbsup:

Should I be offended by this, or am I just a big crybaby?

Nope. Your're not a crybaby, but don't be offended. It's a joke. Most funny jokes are offensive, so just don't take them seriously. They aren't meant to hurt, just to make people laugh. If it makes you feel better, here's one for you:

Q. Where do you find a man who is truly into commitment?

A. The mental hospital...

Cheesy, I know, but the only one I know that's not too dirty to post on this forum.

For me, I don't really care if I am talking to a guy or a girl or a white person or a black person. It doesn't affect what i think about that person. I have been going to a great website called Omegle. It connects you randomly to someone and its completly annonimus (<<<spelled wrong). I have seen alot of people disconnect when they hear that I am 12 and many people just write "f?" on thier first post. For me it just doesn't make any diffrence on whom I am talking to. Stereotypes are formed because some people may just think that if one or two or three Russians are complete losers, they just think that all of them are. Stereotypes are impossible to get rid of as long as all of people, are the same and all of them look the same and everything is the same which is impossible. I saw a few websites like "Black people meet" and I am completly okay with it, because in America there is more white Americans, then black Americans. If we had 90% people that are black and 10% people that are white, it would be okay to see something like "white people dating website". Anyway back to the topic of "Girl Gamers", the only thing I think about when, i am playing multiplayer is how the person plays. It might be a girl that can kill 100 guys in one round or it might be a girl that sucks at the game. Doesn't matter at all to me!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...