Girl Gamers

Herculine

..I think it says a lot about a person in how they comment on things like this.

Really? Take care, debates may reflect skill more than character. I notice that you have yet to toss anything from the mantlepice, but nevertheless hope that we might become friends.

-Kitten

Okay, no disrespect intended, but maybe I've misunderstood what the "mantlepiece" is?

I'm a bit in the dark on that one myself. :biggrin:

I attempted to form a sense of camaraderie with Herculine. A mantlepiece, as made reference to here, is a shelf (wooden, marble, etc) above a fireplace. Often it is used to display photographs, figurines, and other objets d'art. I have no idea if Herculine is, as she questioned, a crybaby. However, playing with that opening, I invited her to stand with me at my mantlepiece and help empty it of the more hideous pieces. That while doing so might fail to dismiss the tag of being a crybaby, at least we'd be pals together. I was rebuffed. Ah well.

Jokes aren't funny if they have to be explained. Anyway, no offence taken and continued good health and happy gaming to all. : )

-Kitten

I understand and know what a mantle piece is.I was confused as to the why of its use is all.If I overstepped myself,please forgive me for that was not my intent.Sometimes I am hard to understand or for people to comprehend my meanings,but I am bound by what I was born with and what I have learned and strive to learn. :biggrin:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..I think it says a lot about a person in how they comment on things like this.

Really? Take care, debates may reflect skill more than character. I notice that you have yet to toss anything from the mantlepice, but nevertheless hope that we might become friends.

-Kitten

Okay, no disrespect intended, but maybe I've misunderstood what the "mantlepiece" is?

I'm a bit in the dark on that one myself. :biggrin:

I attempted to form a sense of camaraderie with Herculine. A mantlepiece, as made reference to here, is a shelf (wooden, marble, etc) above a fireplace. Often it is used to display photographs, figurines, and other objets d'art. I have no idea if Herculine is, as she questioned, a crybaby. However, playing with that opening, I invited her to stand with me at my mantlepiece and help empty it of the more hideous pieces. That while doing so might fail to dismiss the tag of being a crybaby, at least we'd be pals together. I was rebuffed. Ah well.

Jokes aren't funny if they have to be explained. Anyway, no offence taken and continued good health and happy gaming to all. : )

-Kitten

I understand and know what a mantle piece is.I was confused as to the why of its use is all.If I overstepped myself,please forgive me for that was not my intent.Sometimes I am hard to understand or for people to comprehend my meanings,but I am bound by what I was born with and what I have learned and strive to learn. :biggrin:

I would gladly help with the mantelpiece, and I welcome and accept the offer of camaraderie. No rebuff was intended. Perhaps the metaphor simply escaped me at the moment. Thank you for inviting me to your fireplace, Kitten.

• 2 weeks later...

A simple statement in response to the original question.

I have met a few girl gamers and some are more sensitive than others. Males gamers often pretend to be less sensitive than female players but having known a few as friends I can tell you that this is hogwash. In some ways males, especially teenage males, are more very sensitive as suicide rates often reflect.

I hope you don't mind my having my say in what I found to be a fascinating and heart felt discussion.

A simple statement in response to the original question.

I have met a few girl gamers and some are more sensitive than others. Males gamers often pretend to be less sensitive than female players but having known a few as friends I can tell you that this is hogwash. In some ways males, especially teenage males, are more very sensitive as suicide rates often reflect.

I hope you don't mind my having my say in what I found to be a fascinating and heart felt discussion.

Well, to expand on that, guys can be very sensitive gamers too, as in many (but not all) cases, they are more likely to get addicted to video games than girls based on what I've seen. All the male gamers I know personally, spend much of their time talking about games rather than other things, therefore making them more sensitive to video game addiction. And some of the ones I know, really just have nothing else to talk about other than their last experiences on Halo or TF2 or whatnot.

I used to be that way myself, but with time, I sorta pulled away some from the video games, and found myself doing other things (forum-visiting :P , writing, and walking among them).

Thank you both for the input. And I believe you're right about some younger guys being sensitive to a fault, judging from what I've seen here on the forums at times. Often a simple comment or suggestion can offend to the point that a "flamewar" will ensue. But we girls are just the same at times, and I was probably in just one of those moods when I originally saw that picture.

Thank you both for the input. And I believe you're right about some younger guys being sensitive to a fault, judging from what I've seen here on the forums at times. Often a simple comment or suggestion can offend to the point that a "flamewar" will ensue. But we girls are just the same at times, and I was probably in just one of those moods when I originally saw that picture.

true.We are all bound to human emotions,human feelings and the ability to error or misjudge.Such is being human.The intelligent learn from their errors and move on,the others are just doomed to repeating the same mistakes

GIRL GAMERS ROCK!!!!!! :biggrin:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I usually stay away from such posts...but nevertheless I feel compelled to give my two pence.

For the record I'm male in gender and am considered fundamental in character.

Negative gender based stereotypes have only a future in a small mind or 'dark' stand up comedy.

My Love looks very unfavourably towards this type of behavior, and she's not one to cross!

Tolerance is a double edged blade...

-James

I usually stay away from such posts...but nevertheless I feel compelled to give my two pence.

Negative gender based stereotypes have only a future in a small mind or 'dark' stand up comedy.

My Love looks very unfavourably towards this type of behavior, and she's not one to cross!

-James

True, we all need to tolerate each other to a certain extent, but I believe that prejudice due to race, gender, religion and lifestyle is something that none of us should have to tolerate.

So true, hence the certain warning!

-James

True, we all need to tolerate each other to a certain extent, but I believe that prejudice due to race, gender, religion and lifestyle is something that none of us should have to tolerate.