A note handling system?

Kgummy

I came up with an interesting idea. I'm just kinda annoyed at how all my notes in the game just get so easily disorganized. Then I thought of how convenient it would be if there was a folder system for notes. Now, if it's even possible, have it so that the original fallout 3 notes are sorted into one folder, DLC notes in their own folder, and possibly a folder creation portion so that people can sort mod notes. (Although I think the more popular mods would be able to be added to the list.

Perhaps a modular system?

:thanks:

Not to be unsupportive, but you can make your own notes already.

It's actually quite easy, you just need the GECK.

But I suppose you mean a system to do it in-game. That would be quite useful.

Also, apart from just folders for the standard game and the DLC's, it should be a bit more specific. Sub-folders like weapon schematics, quest notes, side-quest notes, and misc for things like Pre-War notes.

Yeah, in-game. I'd love to be able to leave myself a note to say, "Hey, revisit the Super Duper Mart, you left some stuff behind!" or something.

It'd be nice but I don't think the capability's there. Then again, modders have done some pretty damned cool stuff.

Didn't someone do this in Morrowind? With the script extender, you could get a mod that allowed you to make your own journal entries. It was pretty awesome for roleplay purposes- I wrote a couple books worth in that thing.

I personally wouldn't even know where to start, but maybe someone can track that mod down and take a look at it, maybe extend it (pun intended) via FOSE to F3.

Morrowind had map notes with the right patch level. don't remember if there were custom notes other than that. It wouldn't have been hard for the devs to put a map note and standard note system into the game, but since they're too busy dumbing everything down for console flunkies they cant be bothered with features like that anymore. (feel the bitterness? :D)

Would be nice if this could be implemented through FOSE.

Cheers,

Vaul